FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
FOUR PAWS is looking for a consultant to assist in the design and implementation of campaigns to ease and end the suffering of companion animals in South-East Asia.
Location: Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Your role will be to
· Support the Head of SEA Companion Animals (CA) Campaigns in the development and implementation of public mobilisation campaigns in Southeast Asia to advance companion animal welfare including working on FOUR PAWS campaign to end the dog and cat meat trade.
· Project manage and co-ordinate activities to achieve the campaign outcomes working as part of an international team
· Support with the day-to-day administration of campaigns, including campaign reporting, preparing presentations, coordinating meetings, document management, networking, advocacy and other campaigns support tasks
· Work closely with local media agencies to ensure that the communication/ mobilisation strategies are in place to support the campaign objectives, including design and delivery of campaign assets (online/offline) and social media posting and management.
· Write, edit, translate, and proofread copy for promotional materials and reports
· Work within budget and report on budget spend
· Conduct desktop research and oversee investigation and research projects into specific animal welfare issues as needed.
· Support the tracking, measurement, evaluation, and reporting on campaign KPIs
· Keep abreast of current trends in both companion animal welfare and international campaigning
· Support the campaigns department in other duties as assigned.
Your profile ideally illustrates
· Minimum of 3 years-experience of working on public campaigns in South-East Asia, particularly public mobilization
· A Bachelors’ degree, ideally in Campaign Management, Communications, Political Science, or animal science
· Good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential
· Good knowledge of Vietnamese/Khmer/Thai would be considered advantageous
· Good project management and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Experience and/or knowledge of advocacy with government stakeholders
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience of social media copy writing and management
· Excellent skills in standard Microsoft Office Applications
· Willingness to travel and to work as part of an international team
Our offer includes the opportunity to:
· truly contribute to global animal welfare
· work as part of an international team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
· receive training and career development
· travel internationally when required
The selected consultant will be recompensed based on a daily basis, with travel expenses reimbursed where applicable. Consultants will be expected to work the equivalent of 4-5 days per week.
We are dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and plurality.
Be part of a great cause and send your CV, covering letter and your daily (8-hour) working rates in English to:
Dr Karanvir Kukreja
Head of Campaigns Southeast Asia – Companion Animals
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross