Job Title: Special Needs Education Programme (SNEP) Junior Officer
Reports to: SNEP Senior Officer
SAIGONCHILDREN – ORGANISATION PROFILE
Saigonchildren is a UK registered charity working exclusively in Vietnam, our mission is to remove barriers to education in Vietnam.
Education is the most lasting and effective way we can help children and their families to escape from the cycle of poverty. It represents an investment in the children and in the future of Vietnam.
Everything we do helps children and young people learn and stay in education for longer, significantly improving life for themselves and their families through greater earnings and improved security.
We do that through our four main programmes: school building, scholarships, vocational support, and special needs education. Each day tens of thousands of children go to study in a public school built by saigonchildren - from the far south to the far north of Vietnam.
We also award educational and vocational training scholarships to children for whom family poverty would otherwise prevent them from continuing in education.
We also run Vietnam's leading autism education initiative and support many more special needs education projects for children with challenges including cerebral palsy, sight loss, and congenital birth defects.
Join a team that is creative and always seeking to find innovative solutions to support many more children in need.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Function: Title SNEP Junior Officer
2. Accountable to: The SNEP Junior Officer reports to the SNEP Senior Officer
3. Main Responsibilities: The SNEP Junior Officer is responsible for fulfilling tasks assigned by the SNEP Senior Officer in order to contribute to the success of the programme.
4. Specific Tasks:
- Prepare logistics for training projects
- Collect, translate (from Vietnamese into English and vice versa), and send assignments and feedbacks between trainers and trainees.
- Translate general project documents (from Vietnamese to English and vice versa) when needed.
- Recruit children with ASD and visit children’s homes to identify their circumstances.
- Collect photos and testimonials of beneficiaries.
- Support in organizing events such as writing event scripts, monitoring volunteers, purchasing supplies
- Visit project site and collect photos and testimonials of the beneficiaries.
- Write success stories and make videos about projects for communication
- Provide inputs for SNEP website
- Provide regular and systematic feedback (verbally and/or in written form) to the SNEP Senior Officer, and share all relevant information with her.
5. Special Tasks:
- Undertake any special but reasonable tasks as assigned by the SNEP Senior Officer, provided that time allows.
- In the absence of the SNEP Senior Officer, communicate with and report to the Head of Programmes for project related issues if requested.
6. Child Protection Policy of saigonchildren Be alert to all forms of injustice, child exploitation and child abuse. Report identified cases and discuss with the SNEP Senior Officer how saigonchildren should respond in each case. Seek legal advice on behalf of children and/or families whose rights have been abused.
- Vietnamese national with a University Degree. Having knowledge about disability is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills in Vietnamese and English- minimum IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of work experience
- Good writing, translating and interpreting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from different special background.
- Logical thinker, ability to work independently and good teamwork.
- Having an active, positive, proactive attitude, and is willing to learn new things.
- Integrity, reliability and can-do attitude.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Tools.
- Experience of working in the NGOs is a plus. Candidates who have experience working in the related field are preferred.
Working place: 59 Tran Quoc Thao, Ward 7, District 3, HCMC Working time: Monday to Friday Starting from May 2021.
Deadline: Please submit resume and cover letter to Ms. Kim Phung at email@example.com by 15th April 2021
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)