For the past decades, the strengthening of regional and global health cooperation plays an increasingly important role. Recently, the health sector has made effort to deal with many transnational epidemics such as SARS, H5N1, Mer-CoV and is currently responding to the COVID-19 outbreak. In the global health fora, Viet Nam has gradually transited its role and position – from a donor-supported health system to having a self-sufficient health system; from being the listener of others’ stories to being a teller of its own story. The participation of Viet Nam in the world health agenda is crucial to the development of the health system in Viet Nam, which helps to share and exchange information, experience and expertise in health. Together, the close cooperation of Viet Nam with partners in the the world will help to translate and implement international health rule and agreements, as well as better deal with global health issues. Resolution-TW-20 points out nine important tasks, one of which is strengthening health cooperation – advancing Viet Nam’s role as a key player in regional and global health affairs.
In this context, the Ministry of Health (MOH) issued Decision No. 4569/QD-BYT on 4 October 2019. With support from the World Health Organization (WHO) Representative Office to Viet Nam, the MOH officially opened its new Global Health Office (GHO) in Hanoi, 16 December 2019. To operate under MOH’s International Cooperation Department (ICD), GHO will serve as the coordinating unit – within and beyond MOH – for all global health-related matters in the country. The GHO will have four main functions:
1) Coordinating all global and regional health matters across all government units within and beyond MOH;
2) Advocating for and advising on global health policies, trends, issues…;
3) Building the capacity of government staff members in regional and global representations;
4) Advancing research to build an evidence base and support decision-making related to global health issues.
The Administrator of GHO will work at GHO to facilitate activities of the Global Health Office.
2. Work to be performed
With guidance and direction from ICD, the GHO/HPG Coordinator and WHO, the Programme Assistant will:
Provide administrative support to the 1) Global Health Office to ensure the operation of the office smoothly and in professional way, to implement functions of GHO, and 2) Health Partnership Group activities, which link closely with the Global Health Office.
– Support and be responsible for routine administrative work and related activities for GHO and HPG.
– Undertake the preparation for meetings, workshops, training courses, etc, including materials and logistic arrangements, note-taking and minutes writing etc. for GHO and HPG activities.
– Provide coordination and communications support in managing the network of GHO members, both at national and international levels.
– Translate and Interpret from English into Vietnamese and vice versa when required and needed.
– Assist in searching, compiling and maintaining information relevant to the GHO; Maintain appropriate follow-up system of activities.
– Support the preparation for material to be uploaded on related websites and other communications work and channels related to the GHO and HPG.
The main methods to carry out this activity will be:
– Face-to-face consultation with ICD, other relevant MoH and government departments as well as WHO and development partners.
– Administrative and logistics arrangements.
– Preparation of communications, including submissions to MOH leadership and emails to the MOH and DP stakeholders involved in the GHO and HPG.
– Preparation of agendas, submissions related to GHO and HPG meetings, to MOH leadership etc.
– Drafting and dissemination of minutes, reports etc.
– Updating of the HPG website and mailing list (also in Google drive).
3. Planned timelines (subject to confirmation)
Start date: 1 Oct 2020
End date: 30 Sep 2021
4. Specific requirements
– Required: First university degree in public health, international relations, public policy, or related area
– Desired: Master’s degree in public health, international relations, or public policy
– Essential: Experience working in the field of development cooperation, public health, or health economics sector, with Government or an international organization
– Desired: Experience working with the Ministry of Health and its development partners
– Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
– Well-developed IT capacity and familiarity with website software, the Microsoft Office Package. Excellent communications skills (both written and oral).
– Ability to translate and interpret from Vietnamese into English and from English into Vietnamese.
– Team work and communications skills
– Ability to adapt to diverse cultural and educational backgrounds
– Essential: Proficiency in English and expert knowledge of Vietnamese
– Producing results
– Communicating in a credible and effective way
– Fostering integration and teamwork
5. Place of assignment
International Cooperation department of Ministry of Health
6. Medical clearance
The selected SSA holder will be expected to provide a medical check up
Full-time monthly remuneration of maximum USD849 depending on experience.
Those who are interested can contact our focal person with contact detail at the end of the announcement before/by 18 September 2020
World Health Organization
UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street,
Hanoi, Viet Nam
For further information on this TOR, please contact:
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
07/10/2020Save the Children
Consultancy on Making Teaser Video and Documentary Clips for Process-oriented Child Monitoring (POM)VVOB Vietnam
Consultant/Consultant Team to Evaluate and Document Communication Solutions in Climate Information ServicesCARE International
02/10/2020Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
25/10/2020Viet Nam Assistance for the Handicapped (VNAH)
02/10/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
02/10/2020Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
Consultancy for Conducting Field-testing under Controlled Conditions of Glyphosate, Alternative Herbicides and Weed Management PracticesGCP
30/09/2020Volunteer For Education (VEO)
14/10/2020The Fred Hollows Foundation (FHF)
04/10/2020Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation -VVAF