The Opportunity - Sponsorship Support Services Coordinator
This position will be responsible for overseeing all work dimensions relating to Finance, and Supply Chain to ensure the organisational procedures and policies compliance with effectiveness of operational works of Sponsorship program - Save the Children International in Vietnam.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
This position is based in Lao Cai or Ha Noi office with frequent travel to Lao Cai to support with Finance and Supply Chain managemet in this office.
I . Finance Management
1. Daily accounting and Month end/year End
- Take lead in ensure project accounting tasks to be done timely and correctly for the project specifically:
- Project expenses and payment to be recorded and processed in due time;
- Project receivables and payables to be cleared in due time;
- Adjustment entries are monitored closely;
- Ensure the expenses charged to the project to be eligible in line with donor and SCI policies and procedures;
- Take lead in ensuring the month end checklists for the project to be closely followed and in line with SCI month end calendar; Cash Forecast/Banking and Cash Management
- Ensure cash forecast for Lao Cai office to be prepared accurately and submitted to Country Office in due time.
- Ensure spending is strictly following regulations on bank and petty cash management
2. Internal Control Policies Development
- Ensuring Sponsorship project follow strictly policies and procedures in line with donor regulations and SCI polices;
- Support the Country Office in developing/revising SCI internal control policy (including but not limited to accounting policy, payment policy, cost norm, partner guidelines);
- Take lead in inducting and training staff and budget holders about internal control policies and procedures.
3. Partner Financial Management:
Review of Partner Advance and Reports
- Supervise the process of reviewing partner reports so as to ensure the reports data are well justified by accounting books, cost items are justified, being within the budget and cost norm;
- Supervise the process of reviewing partner advance request, ensuring advance is within the approved budget, in line with the partner disbursement capacity, avoiding the situation that partner cash balance being high;
- Monitor the progress made by the team regarding partner report and advance review so as to ensure it is done in due time, in line with plans, to timely notice and fix any issues/problems that can prevent partner reports and advance to be timely recognised in the system;
- Provide technical guidance to Lao Cai office (Sponsorship) concerning partner financial management.
Partner Capacity Building
- In collaboration with other teams, ensure Sponsorship finance team to conduct partner assessment in due time so as to identify properly partner strength and weakness;
- Take the lead in the process of partners’ training including financial management training and on fraud raising awareness;
- Ensure finance team members provide sufficient training to partners: for new partners, induction is compulsory; for on-going partners, refresh training is needed and refresh training should focus on partnres’ weaknesses which have been pointed out during finance visits and assessment;
Partners’ Finance Visits
- Coordinate with team members and project manager in order to develop a partner finance visit plan for the whole year;
- Take the lead to ensure the finance visits schedule are carried out in due time so as to identify financial management gap, ensuring financial minimum standards related to partners are properly adhered to and followed up;
- Ensure proper financial close out visit before grant ended;
- Take the lead to ensure the team to follow up on the implementation of finance visit recommendations.
- Ensure a comprehensive tool kit to be developed for partner finance visit and for sub-office internal audtit
- Ensure a online finance visit tool available to be used when online visit is required
Partner Close Out
- Ensure proper handover before final payment (hand over of equipment/assest hand over).
- Ensure close out checklist signed for close out process.
4. Working with External Audit
- Coordinate with award team so as to plan for external audits in due time;
- Take the lead in order to ensure external audit Terms of Reference to be developed in line with donor requirements;
- Ensure appropriate external audit firms to be selected;
- Take the lead in the development and review of project Financial Statements for auditing purpose;
- Coordinate with programme teams in the field to arrange for auditors’ field trips, accompanying external audit to the field when required;
- Coordinate with award teams for the set up of debrief and exit meetings;
- Take the lead from finance side in this debrief and exit meetings;
- Take the lead in working with external auditors on the audit reports, ensuring audit reports timely submitted, no qualified report, no pending audit recommendations;
- Ensure Budget Holders, partners understand their responsibilities in responding to auditors queries and follow up auditors’ recommendation
5. Budget Management and Reporting
Budgeting and BvA Preparation
- Support Project team to develop annual budget (SAP); and have a final look and verify SAP before it is sent to the donor;
- Verify sub-grant agreement budgets to be signed with Lao Cai partners;
- Support Program Manager in budget phasing: annual phasing and ad hoc phasing;
- Make sure soft loader budgets are phased, reviewed and loaded to the system in due time for the purpose of Country Office forecast preparation;
- Be responsible for preparing and reviewing and verifying revised award budget;
- Ensure relevant codes are created and/or mapped to the Accounting System (Agresso) in due time;
- Support Program Manager to monitor the spending against the phased budget, timely alerting the issues so as to prepare for budget amendment in due time.
- Monitor and ensure all donor financial reporting are completed and send to program manager for review in due time.
- Ensure donor financial reports to be done in line with donor template and with accuracy of data;
- Collaborate with award team and project team so as to provide a reasonable, clear explanations for variances.
- Support Country office in preparing Reports to be submitted to Government.
6. System Maintenance Tasks
Agresso ( Financial Management System - FMS) is kept clean and accordance to Global Policy ensuring:
- New codes are created on timely basis.
- All users must have passwords to log into Agresso
- Data is backup as scheduled
- Budget code are correctly recorded in to FMS and appropriately charged into approved grant
- A central filling system is in place and easy to trace back
- All donor budgets are mapped with organisation’s code before posting to FMS.
II. Administration responsibilities:
1. Be responsible for managing daily office operation
- Be responsible to maintain smooth and compliant administration operation in Lao Cai Ofice
- Supervise daily implementation of all logistic arrangement in Country Office such as logistics support lunches and refreshments for meetings and workshops inside the office, handling office supplies, EMS service, stationery, equipment, furniture, transportation and accommodation for expatriates and other related activities.
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of Office Protocol as part of protection measure for COVID-10 disease in the office according to SCI policies.
- Ensure daily cleaning, office hygiene as well as safety and security measures in the office.
- Maintain contracts for office services including Office Rental, Telephone, Internet, Office supply, Office Insurance, Photocopier service and follow up with periodical payments.
- Supervises and assists in obtaining all authorization and documentation required for duty-free importation of office equipment, vehicles, office supplies, personal effects, project suppliers, etc. Supervises the transport arrangements for SC consignments from Hanoi to other locations.
- Provides technical support to area offices and relevant teams in implementation of safe and security plans in the aspects where admin and logistics are responsible i.e. vehicles, visitors, offices, facilities, communications network… etc.
- Prepare monthly budget forecast related with admin and develop yearly budget for admin activities.
- Arrange and maintain the filing system in the Country Office.
2. Ensure the legality and compliance to the Government regulations
- Handle all administrative legal documentation and procedures relating to operation of Lao Cai, including but not limited to: office permits, international and national workshop permits, work permit, project approval… etc.
- Coordinate and submit reports to PACCOM, MOFA, DOFA, provincial People’s Committees and other ad-hoc reports if any.
- Be responsible to update the profile and related procedure with the Government authorities for renewing the Fire Fighting certificate
3. Be responsible for office arrangement and office relocation
- Be responsible for office space arrangement, including meeting room arrangement, staff working area, seating arrangement, kitchen, lactation room and office storage arrangement.
- Implement the office maintenance for the glass doors, walls, ventilation, and maintenance of all equipment in the office such as air conditioners, printers, photocopier, tables and chairs.
- Arrange the office ornaments and decoration such as ornamemtal trees, paintings, reading corners…etc. Organize the office decoration in special events, celebration or campaigne.
- Work closely with the Sponsorship Program Manager to schedule for office relocation and be responsible to organize the office movement.
4. Be responsible for asset management
- Ensure the compliance for asset management in accordance with SCI policies and procedures
- Perform bi-annual asset inventory, update the asset list, maintain the asset labels and asset code and prepare asset reports to Asia Regional Office upon request
- Process asset disposal in working closely with the Award Team and Finance Team.
III. Procurement Responsibilities:
1. Take lead of the sourcing and procurement operation of sponsorship program:
- Maintain the smooth operation of ProSave system and ensure the proper process of the every purchase requests in ProSave system;
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of procurement activities of sponsorship program
- Support the engagement of suppliers to ProSave system and due registration of suppliers in Ariba Network.
- Consolidates procurement plan and support to monitor and ensure all procurements are on track.
- Provide market analysis and verification to ensure the value for money in procurement decisions.
- Take lead of sourcing pipeline and sourcing progress for Lao Cai Office
- Ensures bidding procedures are fully compliant with SC (and donors’ if applicable) policies and procedures and goods are purchased to meet identified project needs in quality and time progress.
- Keep track of procurements through Framework Agreements in terms of spend limit and duration limit.
- Ensure all procurement database, including supplier database, contract database, catalogues, dynamic data and ProSave champions… etc maintained and updated
2. Ensure the proper management of warehouse and TIM (Total Inventory Management) system:
- Maintain TIM system, supervise TIM posting and ensure the integration between ProSave- Agresso - TIM
- Ensures the reconciliation between TIM and Agresso are done as per SCI requirements.
- Ensure the storage and warehouse facilities are properly managed and maintained arcording to SCI policies.
- Implement the periodical stock check and inventory reports in the CO Office and Field Offices.
- Maintain and update the registration of TIM users.
- Provide inputs to the master list of products in TIM system
3. Ensure a good distribution of goods and services to designated beneficiaries and required project areas:
- Coordinate with projects and BHs to deliver products to partners and beneficiaries in a due timeline
- Ensure the delivery of goods and services in the emergency response;
- Ensure the transactions with 3PL Companies for logistic services;
4. Contribute to Country reports:
- Support to review the Sponsorship Annual Plan, procurement budget and procurement plan for the Sponsorship Program
- Follow up with ARO and Center for KPI reports, benefit (BAF) reports, preposition stock report, procurement budget development and other procurement ad-hoc reports
- Prepare monthly payment forecast and payment schedule to BHs and finance team
5. Ensure the compliance to SCI policies:
- Be a focal person in working with ARO and Center to address the procurement requirements
- Update SCI policies, templates, process, procedure as well as new procurement requirements from ARO and Center for implementation by the procurement team and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure training and induction on SCI policies for all staff and budget holders on Procurement Manuals and related guidances
- Ensure the commitment and compliance to SCI core policies for related suppliers, drivers, consultants… etc
IV. Staff Management and Staff Capacity Building:
- Understand and comply all SCI’s core policies (Child Safeguarding, Code of Conduct, Fraud, Data Protection, Fraud, Bribery and Corruption, Anti-Harassment, etc.; SCI’s procedures such as HR policy, Procurement manual, etc.; local law and governmental regulations
- Manage and develop the performance of Lao Cai Support Service staff in coordinating with Sponsorship Program Manager and others functional Managers of Finance and Support Services department (HR, Supply Chain, Finance) for all related-tasks (probation objectives and/or annual goals setting, feebacks giving and/or getting, individual conversations implementing, DtP reporting, periodic performance reviewing
- Provide capacity building for staff including induction, training and development of financial and procurement skills for both finance and non-finance staff;
- Ensure members of project partners having sufficient knowledge about SCI system, policy, regulations through technical meetings, on the job training, coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration or relevant field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years experience in Finance and/or Administration management, preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organization
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese government system and international development arena
- Proven knowledge and skills in office and staff management, procurement and logistics
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent prioritization skill and ability to coordinate a variety of work activities
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Good financial management skill
- Has strong sense for compliance
- Proven commitment to children’s rights and equality of opportunity
- Good computer and IT skills
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of Vietnam development issues and NGO networks
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Application: 07th October, 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We believe that gender equality is a basic right for all people
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Organisation Name: Save the Children
Location: Lao Cai or Hanoi
Application Deadline: Thu, 2021-10-07
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)