Veterinarians without Borders/Vétérinaires sans Frontières (VWB/VSF)
provides overseas volunteer placements for veterinarians and other animal and public health professionals.
VWB/VFS is currently co-funding the Volunteers Engaged in Gender Responsive Technical Solutions (VETS)
project with Global Affairs Canada (GAC). The VETS project was established to improve the economic and social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized people, particularly women and girls, in six countries, including Vietnam, through support to animal, human and environmental health initiatives. The project utilises the skills of Canadian volunteers to support smallholder farmers, primarily women, to reduce poverty by improving family income and nutrition principally through improved production of livestock and crops. The program is built around the One Health concept, which recognizes that the health of people, animals and the natural environment are interconnected. It promotes the production of more and better food and increased incomes from livestock, all the while promoting land rehabilitation and conservation for sustainable development.
VWB/VSF is currently seeking a volunteer Statistical Research Specialist
to support VWB/VFS partner organizations in Vietnam, the Institute of Environmental Health and Sustainable Development (IEHSD) and Center for Public Health and Ecosystem Research (CENPHER). The main aim of the volunteer placement will be to build the capacity of IEHSD, CENPHER and counterpart staff to design and implement epidemiological research projects.
The specific objectives of the assignment are to:
· Provide guidance to IEHSD, CENPHER and counterpart staff in planning epidemiological research, including data collection.
· Assist IEHSD, CENPHER and counterpart staff in understanding and applying correct statistical tests or models to collected data for different research designs (e.g., follow-up study, case-control study, cohort study, etc.).
· Support IEHSD, CENPHER and counterpart staff in using different software for analyzing collected data (e.g., STATA, SPSS, R, etc.), and understanding the implications of and explaining epidemiological research results.
The volunteer placement is for a period of one year (with the possibility of extension) starting 1st January 2021. The volunteer will be based in Hanoi, with some travel to project sites. The placement is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada that are currently based in Vietnam.
Candidates will ideally have significant previous experience conducting epidemiology research and strong skills in biostatistics. Candidates with previous experience working in biostatistics in other research fields are also welcomed to apply. Candidates with particularly strong skills and significant experience using statistical software in research more generally will also be considered.
Other desired qualifications and skills include:
- Post graduate qualifications in biostatistics/statistics, epidemiology, or related discipline, such as public health, veterinary science or environmental health/biology.
- Experience conducting and/or providing training in epidemiology study design and methodologies.
- Experience providing comprehensive training in Stata, SPSS and/or R statistical software packages.
- Experience working with large sets of panel and survey data in Stata, SPSS and/or R.
- Experience with data visualization techniques.
- Effective cross-cultural communication skills.
- Commitment to the principles of volunteer cooperation and familiarity with participatory approaches to development, including the promotion of gender equality, good governance, and environmental sustainability
- Previous experience working in Vietnam or other developing countries.
Successful candidates will receive a volunteer living allowance of 2100CAD per month
. In addition, VWB/VSF will cover the volunteer’s visa/permit costs, as well as costs for required vaccinations and emergency travel health insurance for the duration of the placement.
Interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae (CV), and cover letter outlining their interest in being a VWB/VSF volunteer, in English via email to email@example.com by 18th October 2020
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản
Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất