Call for Expressions of Interest and Proposal
#039 - Job Title: To support the introduction of telemedicine at primary care level in Viet Nam and technical advice to MOH in strengthening the health information systems.
Vietnam has successfully contained the COVID-19 pandemic during 2020; however, the country has been facing the 4th wave since April 2021 with number of infected cases increased daily and rapidly. A number of cities, locations, industrial zones, hospitals, across the country, have been put under social distancing measures while COVID-19 vaccine deployment has been very limited. The government of Viet Nam, the health sector and related actors, are working hard to supress the pandemic trajectory while trying to keep the disruption on economic, health and other vital living activities to a minimum. In this context, effective preparation and enhancement of the capacity of health service delivery system to meet the essential health care needs of population is important.
Recognizing the initiatives and efforts from the Government in ensuring access to essential services, including COVID-related services during the pandemic, since beginning of 2021, WHO has provided technical support to Ha Noi Medical University in developing the draft Guidelines on provision of telemedicine for primary care providers. The next step is to work with the MOH to finalise the Guidelines and introduce the Guidelines to health care staff working at district and commune levels. In addition, the MOH is planning to review the implementation of the health information system plan (2014-2020) in preparation for the next plan and strengthen its civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS), including introduction of International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, tenth edition (ICD-10).
2. Work to be performed
Under the supervision of the Coordinator, Universal Health Coverage and Healthy Lifestyle and Environment Team at the WHO Representative Office for Viet Nam, the consultant is required to report to the WHO Representative Office for Viet Nam at full time basis and deliver the following outputs.
- Output 1: Technical support provided to the MOH and Ha Noi Medical University on telemedicine guidelines
- Deliverable 1: Telemedicine guidelines finalised and approved by the MOH and introduced to district and commune health staff
- Deliverable 2: Summary report to monitor the implementation of telemedicine guidelines after introduction to district and commune health staff
- Output 2: Technical support provided to MOH in health information systems strengthening to support an integrated care model at the primary care level
- Deliverable 2: Summary report of key challenges in implementation of the health information system plan (2014-2020) and way forward for the next plan
- Deliverable 3: Summary report of CRVS development and key priorities
3. Specific requirements
- Essential: A University degree in relevant fields such as public health, information technology, statistics, or public administration from a recognized university
- Desirable: A Master’s degree in relevant areas such as public health, information technology, statistics or public administration from a recognized university
- Essential: At least five (5) years of experience in relevant areas including public health, health information system development and management, health policy development
- Desirables: Previous experience working in or with Government Agency, UN organizations or NGO
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge on health information system management and/or health information technologies
- Knowledge on digital health applications, including telemedicine
- Knowledge of civil registration and vital statistics
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Vietnamese
- Good coordination and communication skills across different technical programmes and partners.
- Ability to establish harmonious working relationships and teamwork and adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain high level of personal conduct.
- Ability to demonstrate gender equality and cultural appropriateness within the office and among partners.
- Fostering integration and teamwork
5. Place of assignment
Ha Noi, Viet Nam (the consultant is expected to work full time at the WHO Representative Office for Viet Nam)
6. Medical clearance
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The Consultant is expected to travel where and when required by the Manager. Any travel will follow the appropriate WHO rules and regulations for travel and be arranged by WHO.
Please take note of the following when submitting application:
- The contractor will be responsible for paying taxes, if any.
Those who are interested can contact our focal person with contact detail at the end of the announcement before/by 23 July 2021
Full proposal with estimation of costs, description of technical team, and supporting documents should be received on/or 23 July 2021 and should be addressed to:
World Health Organization
UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street,
Hanoi, Viet Nam
For further information on this TOR, please contact: email@example.comCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation