- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title:
- Strategic Content Coordination Assistant (Community Manager)- All Interested Applicants
- Open Period:
- 02/04/2021 - 02/26/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE - 6520 9
- USD $20,075
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-5. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
DutiesThe incumbent of this position will work under the direct supervision of the Information Officer. S/he will be responsible for building and maintaining Mission flagship digital properties (social media, website content); for developing a year-long editorial calendar designed to promote Mission priorities with on-line communities; researching and analyzing evolving markets for Mission digital properties; and customizing content and online engagement to promote Mission objectives. The incumbent will organize and host online conversations; design and develop innovative engagement opportunities and tools. S/he will provide guidance to Public Diplomacy (PD) Public Engagement staff and other Mission personnel who engage with online communities on standards, regulations, and policies for the use of digital properties.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural or multinational organization is required. Market research and audience analysis, and design and execution of online campaigns must have been significant components of the job. Must have experience managing digital properties, including direct online interaction with the public, and content creation in multimedia and traditional formats.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
- Good understanding of U.S. historical, political, economic, and cultural forces that shape U.S. foreign policy.
- Must understand the regional, demographic, ethnic, socio-economic, cultural and linguistic factors and the influence of religious, cultural, and educational institutions in shaping Vietnamese opinions and preferences.
- Must understand management of digital properties and online communities, including marketing and/or advocacy campaigns.
- Detailed knowledge of legal regulations and procedural guidelines affecting content uses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both traditional and online engagement tools and programs used to convey policy in the public sphere, as well as knowledge of the related regulations, policies, procedures, and resource streams associated with each are all required.
- Education Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing or local equivalent is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills to identify target audiences, understand their sensitivities, and identify the best strategic content, format, and delivery means to influence them in support of U.S. policy objectives and be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and preferences in consumption of information to analyze the impact of evolving content formats and delivery channels, and lead cross-section Mission analysis to modify approaches for enhanced outcomes.
- Communication/Interpersonal skills: Must have strong interpersonal skills to maintain Mission-wide collaboration/coordination on the use of digital tools and platforms to strengthen Mission diplomacy in the public sphere.
- Management skills: Must be able to manage projects such as marketing, information or advocacy campaigns, including associated project budgets, schedules, and daily operations to produce, adapt, and disseminate time-sensitive content.
- Technical skills: Detailed knowledge of and ability to build out and manage Mission flagship digital properties, including social media and mobile platforms, and develop digital tools such as games and contests
- Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Vietnam to develop professional contacts and create content (photo/video of ambassador’s travel, PD programs, etc.)
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEF
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- * IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given. ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau. For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/ Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
- Other Document
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi. Apply HERE DEADLINE: 26th Feb 2021
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty