- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title:
- Strategic Content Coordination Assistant (Community Manager)- All Interested Applicants
- Open Period:
- 02/04/2021 – 02/26/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 6520 9
- USD $20,075
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is FP-5. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
The incumbent of this position will work under the direct supervision of the Information Officer. S/he will be responsible for building and maintaining Mission flagship digital properties (social media, website content); for developing a year-long editorial calendar designed to promote Mission priorities with on-line communities; researching and analyzing evolving markets for Mission digital properties; and customizing content and online engagement to promote Mission objectives. The incumbent will organize and host online conversations; design and develop innovative engagement opportunities and tools. S/he will provide guidance to Public Diplomacy (PD) Public Engagement staff and other Mission personnel who engage with online communities on standards, regulations, and policies for the use of digital properties.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural or multinational organization is required. Market research and audience analysis, and design and execution of online campaigns must have been significant components of the job. Must have experience managing digital properties, including direct online interaction with the public, and content creation in multimedia and traditional formats.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
- Good understanding of U.S. historical, political, economic, and cultural forces that shape U.S. foreign policy.
- Must understand the regional, demographic, ethnic, socio-economic, cultural and linguistic factors and the influence of religious, cultural, and educational institutions in shaping Vietnamese opinions and preferences.
- Must understand management of digital properties and online communities, including marketing and/or advocacy campaigns.
- Detailed knowledge of legal regulations and procedural guidelines affecting content uses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both traditional and online engagement tools and programs used to convey policy in the public sphere, as well as knowledge of the related regulations, policies, procedures, and resource streams associated with each are all required.
- Education Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing or local equivalent is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills to identify target audiences, understand their sensitivities, and identify the best strategic content, format, and delivery means to influence them in support of U.S. policy objectives and be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and preferences in consumption of information to analyze the impact of evolving content formats and delivery channels, and lead cross-section Mission analysis to modify approaches for enhanced outcomes.
- Communication/Interpersonal skills: Must have strong interpersonal skills to maintain Mission-wide collaboration/coordination on the use of digital tools and platforms to strengthen Mission diplomacy in the public sphere.
- Management skills: Must be able to manage projects such as marketing, information or advocacy campaigns, including associated project budgets, schedules, and daily operations to produce, adapt, and disseminate time-sensitive content.
- Technical skills: Detailed knowledge of and ability to build out and manage Mission flagship digital properties, including social media and mobile platforms, and develop digital tools such as games and contests
- Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Vietnam to develop professional contacts and create content (photo/video of ambassador’s travel, PD programs, etc.)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEF
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- * IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
- Other Document
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
DEADLINE: 26th Feb 2021
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
11/03/2021USAID Wildlife Asia
11/03/2021Đại sứ quán Hàn quốc
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
31/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
07/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
01/05/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
All year roundWorld Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông vì sự phát triển bền vững (CSD)
31/03/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
14/03/2021World Vision (WVV)
20/03/2021World Vision (WVV)
31/03/2021World Vision (WVV)