- Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-02
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Strategic Content Coordination Assistant (Digital Production)- All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 02/04/2021 - 02/26/2021 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 6520 8
- Salary: USD $16,364
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FS is FP-6. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time 40 hours per week
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
DutiesIncumbent of this position will work under the direct supervision of the Information Officer, and has no supervisory responsibilities. S/he will be responsible for the production of all visual and multimedia elements of Mission public engagement, including design, creation and/or acquisition of customized visual and multimedia content, which is disseminated online, in person or via traditional broadcast. The incumbent will create compelling visual content for all Mission outreach materials by assessing visual aspects of the host-country media environment, public preferences for visual content formats and dissemination channels, and the impact of Mission visual materials.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least five years of progressively responsible experience in design, creation and packaging of visual and multimedia content for digital marketing, advertising or mass communications purposes, including extensive experience as an advanced end user of industry standard desktop and mobile software applications, internet and related communications technologies, and integration of visual content into web content management systems. (Note: candidates considered for this position must provide a portfolio of original work demonstrating visual and multimedia design competence.)
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
- Strong creative skills and detailed knowledge of audio and video production, graphic design, and other visual content creation.
- Detailed knowledge of the attitudes of target audience groups, and their preferences for specific content, format, and delivery of visual communication.
- Knowledge of trends in regional and international communications patterns and how they affect the host-country communications landscape.
- General knowledge of digital promotion techniques, audience analysis and analytics, and customer service standards.
- General knowledge of project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods.
- Education Requirements:
- An associate’s degree or two years of full-time university studies in design, advertising, mass communications, or local equivalent is required.
Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills to identify target audiences and understand how Mission use of images, graphics, video, and audio can affect their sensitivities. Must be able to analyze content from multiple sources (internal and third-party) and determine when and how to use it in Mission visual products.
- Communication/Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent, documented visual story-telling, written, and oral communication skills to create and adapt visual, audio and printed material for dissemination in English and Vietnamese. Must have strong interpersonal skills to maintain Mission-wide collaboration on the creation of visual and multimedia content in support of Mission public engagement.
- Management skills: Must be able to bring together offices and agencies from across the Mission to identify and share visual and audio content. Must be able to plan, prioritize and manage, multiple projects such as marketing, information or advocacy campaigns, and oversee associated project budgets, schedules, and daily operations to produce, adapt, and disseminate time-sensitive content, in collaboration with the Media team.
- Technical skills: Detailed knowledge of multiple formats, digital tools and platforms for visual content creation, editing (audio, visual, multimedia and graphic), and distribution through traditional and digital channels. Good keyboarding, data entry skills, and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the Internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures.
- Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Vietnam to develop professional contacts and create content (photo/video of ambassador’s travel, PD programs, etc.)
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- * IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given. ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau. For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/ Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Other Document
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi. Apply HERE DEADLINE: 26th Feb 2021
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty