- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Strategic Content Coordination Specialist
- Open Period: 05/08/2023 - 05/22/2023
- Salary: USD $24,500 / Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week. Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- Duty Location: Hanoi
- More Info: HR Section / 84-24-38505000 Ext: 5127 / HanoiHR@state.gov
DutiesIncumbent of this position will work under the supervision of the Public Diplomacy Officer (PDO) for Digital Media or Public Affairs Officer (PAO) designee. The incumbent will directly supervise the Community Management Coordinator and Digital Production Coordinator and provide work guidance to the Resource Coordination Assistant (Information Technology and Technology Support). The incumbent will oversee online public engagement through the Mission’s digital properties (social media, mobile). The incumbent will oversee the selection and production of strategic content for distribution in multiple digital and traditional formats to Vietnamese audience groups. The incumbent will develop policies, procedures, and guidelines for Mission-wide use of evolving digital technologies. The incumbent will also advise and collaborate with the Strategic Content and Media Specialist in the Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City Public Diplomacy (PD) Section.
Qualifications and EvaluationsRequirements:
EXPERIENCE: At least four years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural, or multinational commercial or communications enterprise with public engagement, market research and analysis, and project management as significant components of the job is required. Experience must include designing and executing information/ marketing/ advocacy campaigns using multifaceted (multilingual, multimedia) digital and traditional formats.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be/must have:
Detailed knowledge of U.S. foreign policy objectives and American interests in Vietnam and good understanding of U.S. historical, political, economic, and cultural forces that shape U.S. foreign policy.
Comprehensive knowledge of target audience groups including regional, demographic, ethnic, socioeconomic, cultural, and linguistic factors and the influence of religious, cultural, and educational institutions in shaping Vietnamese attitudes.
Detailed knowledge of commercial marketing techniques, market (audience) analysis and analytics, and customer service in Vietnam
Knowledge of trends in regional and international communications patterns and how they affect the Vietnamese communications landscape.
Knowledge and understanding of how to identify engagement opportunities and how to leverage them within the societal norms of each community and knowledge of commercial and regulatory aspects of digital marketing and advertising products and services.
General knowledge of project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods.
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills and the ability to conceptualize how best to use PD tools to move Vietnamese attitudes in positive ways. Must be able to advise senior Public Diplomacy/Mission leaders of opportunities to promote Mission objectives; identify, analyze, predict, and continually assess audience attitudes; evaluate the impact of projects; and modify approaches for greatest outcomes. Must be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and adjust operations and programming accordingly.
Communication / Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal, and cross-cultural communication skills, and be able to identify and engage key figures critical to shaping local public opinion. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, interviewing for evaluation purposes, writing reports, and contributing materials for publication in both English and Vietnamese. Must be able to tailor communications to fit formal and informal situations and different ethnic, religious, and linguistic cultures. Must be able to brief U.S. officers and visitors on a variety of issues and interpret informally between English and Vietnamese for public programs.
Management Skills: Strong management skills are required, including the ability to develop and oversee project budgets and to organize, run, and present professional and cultural projects such as workshops, seminars, video conferences, panel discussions, lectures, and camps. Must be able to negotiate agreements with partner institutions and manage their fulfillment.
Technical Skills: Good keyboarding and data entry skills and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures are required. Thorough, detailed knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, graphic design and photo editing software is required. Detailed knowledge of and ability to use social media and mobile platforms and basic photo and video skills are required. Must have good numerical skills to develop and manage project and grant budgets;
Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Vietnam and/or overseas to support the projects and activities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
BenefitsLocally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance. To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of the page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
For further detailed information, please visit here.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Administrative Clerk (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Thực tập sinh Sáng tạo Nội dung (WildAct)WildAct
Thực tập sinh Thiết kế (WildAct)WildAct
Finance Intern (CRS)Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
SDGs Intern (MSD)MSD
Micro Finance Senior Internal Control Officer (MFU - WVV)World Vision Vietnam
Associate/Senior Associate (IIX)IIX
Community Officer/Accountant (Live&Learn)Live&Learn
Programme Associate (UN Women)UN Women
Nhân viên dự án (World Share)TỔ CHỨC WORLD SHARE CORPORATION
Temporary full-time assistant (FIT)Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT)