Job Posting: 01/Oct/2020
Closure Date: 22/Oct/2020, 4:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: OSP
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: Professional
Grade Level: P-3
Primary Location: Italy-Rome
Duration: Fixed term: 2 years with possibility of extension
Post Number: 0925705
CCOG Code: 1A02
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments.
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position
• FAO does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
The Office of Strategy, Planning and Resources Management (OSP) advises the Director-General on strategic and policy matters related to the Organization’s objectives, results-based programmes, and budgets for all sources of funds; leads the development of policies and procedures on results-based management, FAO country programming frameworks, internal control and Risk management; coordinates the preparation of the Organization’s strategic, programme and budget plans; and manages allocation of resources, and monitors and reports on corporate programme and budget implementation to help ensure effective and efficient achievement of results.
The Strategy and Planning Officer reports to a senior Strategy and Planning Officer under the overall guidance of the Senior Strategy and Planning Officer.
Strategic planning, results-based programming and budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
Research, technical analysis, and related services and systems to support the planning, implementation and monitoring of programmes and projects.
• Analyzes, adapts and extends policies and procedures to achieve full inter-departmental and inter-agency collaboration in strategic planning, results-based programming and budgeting, monitoring and reporting;
• Executes analytical tasks associated with the preparation, review and analysis of the Organization’s Strategic Framework, Medium Term Plan, Programme of Work and Budget, and Programme Implementation Report;
• Carries out analytical tasks associated with resources management and corporate budgetary performance;
• Contributes to the design and operation of procedures and systems for work planning and the issuance of allotments;
• Performs analytical tasks associated with the design and operation of the corporate results-based monitoring and reporting system;
• Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in business or public administration, finance, economics, agriculture, development economics, international development, computer science or related fields
• Five years of relevant experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation, financial analysis, business process analysis and/or systems development
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in collecting and analysing information from textual, database and human sources
• Extent and relevance of experience in analysing strategy and policy issues
• Familiarity with relevant computer tools for communication and data analysis
• Ability to analyze complex strategy and planning issues
• Ability to analyze and integrate complex issues in systems development for business processes
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Other benefits, subject to eligibility, include:
• Dependency allowances
• Rental subsidy
• Education grant for children
• Home leave travel
• 30 working days of annual leave per year
• Pension fund entitlements under the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
• International health insurance; optional life insurance
• Disability protection
• elements of family-friendly policies
• flexible working arrangements
• standards of conduct.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International