Department: OUCRU Hanoi
Location: This post is based in National Hospital for Tropical Medicine 2, Kim Chung, Dong Anh, Hanoi
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required
Tenure: One year full-time contract with a possibility of extension
Reporting to: Head of Clinical Trials Unit, Principal Investigator, Director OUCRU Hanoi
Vacancy reference: JDHAN_0122_003
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit, with sites offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Kathmandu in Nepal. In Vietnam, we are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. OUCRU-Nepal is hosted by the Patan Academy of Health Sciences, and in Indonesia we exist in partnership with the Eijkman Institute as the Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Programme (EOCRU). As a Wellcome Africa Asia Programme, we have received considerable support from Wellcome since our establishment in 1991.
OUCRU’s vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals where we work, and to the countries as a whole where we operate: Vietnam, Indonesia and Nepal. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care throughout Southeast Asia.
OUCRU employs approximately 320 people across Viet Nam and has an average annual budget of USD 12mil.
Please see more information on OUCRU website: www.oucru.org
You will join a dynamic and supportive research group running clinical and laboratory based descriptive and interventional trials. You will be based at the OUCRU office at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases 2 (location Kim Chung, Dong An), Hanoi. The main focus of your work will be on COVID-19, initially to help set up and start enrolment into a clinical intervention trial.
The job includes working on the clinical wards with patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 and depending on hospital policy and government regulations may involve having to quarantine in the hospital or nearby hotel overnight for multiple days.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Work under the direction of OUCRU investigators to ensure the successful progress of the RECOVERY trial
- Understand and be familiar with the study protocol
- Work with hospital physicians to facilitate the recruitment of study patients.
- Work with hospital health staff to ensure quality of the study implementation
- Communicate with study participants about their illness and its management. Answer questions about the trial, and provide advice about seeking healthcare at study sites or non-study sites.
- Collect, oversee and review the collection of clinical data and research samples from participants
- Complete or oversee electronic clinical case report forms completion.
- Support hospital staff in the identification, recording, reporting to sponsor and relevant boards and follow-up adverse events as per protocol and related study standard operating procedures.
- Contact subjects to schedule follow-up visits according to protocol.
- Reimburse all research related expenses to trial participants according to OUCRU procedures.
- When participants are transferred, study doctor must contact with patient and the arrival hospital that patients are transferred to keep track of the information, continue study procedure in appropriate study sites and complete the CRF.
- Maintain good communication with research team and collaborating hospital staff at each site, to ensure participants’ wellbeing, compliance with study protocols and quality of clinical data.
- Help to develop good relationships with study sites
- Cooperate with the study monitoring team during and after their visits to answer their questions regarding data collection, and any queries related to clinical data collected.
- Work with study coordinators and data entry clerk to resolve queries arising from database audit and data entry.
- When the hospital pharmacy runs out of stock of a drug, contact study coordinator and discuss with PI/designee to buy drug
- Doctor of medicine
- >=2 years’ experience in a government hospital
- Competence in basic medical procedures
- Excellent skills in communication and patient care
- Ability to work closely with other study staff and hospital collaborators
- Good attention to detail in following protocols and record keeping
- Interest in clinical and/or epidemiological research
- Excellent Vietnamese and good English language skills
- Prior experience in clinical research
- Master degree or at least level 1 subspecialty training
- Familiarity with computers, including Word and database programs
- Understanding of academia, research or not-for-profit working environment
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision
· Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education).
· Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
· Two-month salary for annual bonus and clothes
· Annual leave 18 days/year for the first year, a maximum of 30 days.
Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labor Law.
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to Ms Pham Thi Thanh Hoa, operations manager OUCRU Hanoi: email@example.com
* The cover letter should detail:
- What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
- Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Contact person: Ms. Pham Thi Thanh Hoa
Deadline for submission: 15th February, 2022
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT