This post is based at the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Hanoi, Viet Nam.
Hours of work
Contract for one year on completion of 2-month probation. Possibility for extension to 4 years in total.
Hanoi Office Director
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu and Jakarta. As a Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
Our ten-year vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. This is being achieved via an integrated long-term research programme, contributions to training, the scientific literature, national and international meetings and membership of national and international committees. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals, and to Viet Nam as a whole. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals but also to help improve patient care throughout Viet Nam and the region.
Please see more information on OUCRU Website: www.oucru.org
The recent, impressive growth in clinical trials capacity and opportunity needs to be matched with trained and qualified clinical research staff to ensure efficient and high quality research operations in line with international standards. The candidate will join a dynamic group running clinical research.
We seek for a full-time study doctor, based at OUCRU Hanoi at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases. Your main work will be on a treatment trial for Hepatitis C. The trial aims are to the head-to-head comparison of DAAs drug, sets out to evaluate three different treatment strategies to support expansion of existing services in low-/middle-income settings, and allow treatment of hard to reach groups. Strategies have been prioritised through discussion with local clinical experts and aim to balance reductions in drug treatment with simplicity for delivery.
At OUCRU, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself academically, and you are encouraged to compete for a clinical scientist PhD training fellowship at OUCRU or at Hanoi Medical University.
Key responsibilities and tasks
· Work under the direction of OUCRU investigators to ensure the successful delivery of the clinical trials and research studies of the unit.
· Master the knowledge of the study protocol, screen and recruit patients to the studies.
· Maintain excellent communication with NHTD outpatient treating doctors about the study procedures.
· Work with hospital physicians at the study sites to recruit and manage study patients.
· Communicate with study participants about their illnesses and their treatment. Answer questions about the trials, and help them manage their illnesses as appropriate.
· Help generate clinical case report forms and SOPs as needed.
· Ensure that clinical case report forms are completed accurately.
· Assist with data cleaning and validation, and subsequently with data analysis.
· Be a team player and a team leader. Work with other members of the project team to identify areas for improvement, for collaboration, and for research.
· Assist with presenting study progress and findings to collaborators and other audiences.
· Build a good relationship with study site and act as a liaison between OUCRU-VN and the site.
· Implement the study monitoring plan by arranging visits with the study site within your supervision.
· Other tasks as required.
- Medical degree
- ³1 years clinical experience in a government hospital
- Clinical research experience and preferably a Master degree or at least orientation training on infectious diseases
- Excellent skills in communication and patient care
- Ability to work closely with other study staff and hospital collaborators
- Good attention to detail in following protocols and keeping records
- Interest in clinical and/or epidemiological research
- Willing to travel within country and abroad
- Good Vietnamese and English language skills
- Prior experience in clinical research, particularly in infectious disease and/or viral hepatitis
- Familiarity with database programs
- Understanding of academic, research or not-for-profit working environment;
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision
This is a full-time job which includes frequent travels within Hanoi and nationally.
- Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days/year (increased to 21 days in year three, 28 days in year four and 30 days from year five).
- Vietnam Social & Health insurance, Sick leave, Personal leave, Maternity leave and National holidays will be based on Vietnam Labor Law
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to email@example.com
* The cover letter should detail:
- What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
- Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission
8th January 2021
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản
Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews