This post is based at the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Hanoi, Viet Nam.
Hours of work
Full-time (37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday)
Contract for one year on completion of 2-month probation with possibility for extension.
Head of Tuberculosis
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu, and Jakarta. As a Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
Our ten-year vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. This is being achieved via an integrated long-term research programme, contributions to training, the scientific literature, national and international meetings and membership of national and international committees. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals, and to Viet Nam as a whole. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals but also to help improve patient care throughout Viet Nam and the region.
You will join a dynamic research group running a large clinical trial studying tuberculous meningitis in children. The trial is an interventional study comparing a shortened intensified drug regimen (6 months) to the current WHO recommendation of 12 months for TB meningitis. It will also study the potential benefit for adjuvant aspirin with the aim to improving outcomes in tuberculous meningitis. Children will be recruited from 2 sites, the National Lung Hospital in Hanoi and Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City. The study doctor will have responsibilities at the National Lung Hospital in Hanoi and will also work closely with staff at the National Children’s Hospital in Hanoi to recruit patients.
Key responsibilities and tasks
· Understand the study protocols, and work with hospital physicians to recruit and manage study patients
· Communicate with study participants about their illness and its management. Answer questions about the trial, and provide advice about seeking healthcare at study sites or non-study sites as appropriate.
· Collect, co-ordinate and oversee the collection of clinical data and research samples from participants both as inpatients and outpatients at study sites. This will include performing various clinical examinations and procedures, and assisting hospital doctors with lumbar punctures.
· Ensure that clinical case report forms are completed accurately by collaborating with hospital staff.
· Support to report serious adverse events occurring in study patients to OUCRU CTU and relevant ethics committees.
· Maintain good communication with research nurses and collaborating hospital staff at each site, to ensure participants’ wellbeing, compliance with study protocols and quality of clinical data.
· Help to develop good relationships with study sites and OUCRU in Hanoi, and communicate effectively with OUCRU-Ho Chi Minh City.
· Attend regular videoconference meetings with study coordinators/Clinical trials unit in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City, and the project manager.
· It will be expected the candidate will make some visits to the National Children’s Hospital to oversee and collect data on children who are transferred from the National Lung hospital.
- Medical degree
- ³2 years clinical experience in a Ha Noi government hospital
- Competence in basic medical procedures including lumbar puncture
- Excellent skills in communication and patient care
- Ability to work closely with other study staff and hospital collaborators
- Good attention to detail in following protocols and record keeping
- Interest in clinical and/or epidemiological research
- Excellent Vietnamese and good English language skills
- Prior experience in clinical research
- Clinical and/or research experience in paediatrics, infectious diseases or neurology
- Masters degree or at least level 1 subspecialty training
- Familiarity with computers, including Word and database programs
- Understanding of academia, research or not-for-profit working environment
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision
– Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education)
– Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
– 13th month salary (annual bonus)
– One month salary for annual clothes
– Annual leave 18 days/year (increased to 21 days in year three, 28 days in year four and 30 days from year five).
– Vietnam Social & Health insurance, Sick leave, Personal leave, Maternity leave and National holidays will be based on Vietnam Labor Law
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to email@example.com
* The cover letter should detail:
– What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
– Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Contact person: Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission: 7th February, 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS