Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
Hours of work
Full time: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
The staff will sign a project contract initially for 1 year, with the possibility of extension to 4 years.
Hanoi Office Director
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu, and Jakarta. As a Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
Our ten-year vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. This is being achieved via an integrated long-term research programme, contributions to training, the scientific literature, national and international meetings and membership of national and international committees. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals, and to Viet Nam as a whole. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals but also to help improve patient care throughout Viet Nam and the region.
OUCRU employs approximately 320 people across Viet Nam and has an average annual budget of USD 12mil.
Please see more information on OUCRU Website: www.oucru.org
We are currently running a prospective study to screen for Talaromyces marneffei
infection. We are recruiting a study nurse to support the other staff in the HIV inpatient department and HIV outpatient clinic at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi with the potential to expand to another site in Hai Phong.
1. Participate in patient screening and recruitment process
2. Ensure that all study documentation (consent form, CRFs) is completed in a timely manner
3. Organise and maintain hard copies of patient data and enter study data from the paper CRFs into an electronic database in realtime.
4. Ensure that blood samples are obtained for all study patients per protocol. Prepare blood collection kits in advance and organise blood collection with hospital staff in a timely manner. Ensure that the blood specimens are delivered to the laboratory.
5. Organize outpatient follow up for all enrolled patients. Contact patients by phone to remind them of the appointment. Reschedule the visit for patients that do not attend follow up, and when the patients are unable to attend follow up, collect clinical data over the phone.
6. Be responsible for protecting and maintaining the study record forms.
7. Photocopy study documents as required.
8. Perform other duties to suport the study as requested by the study doctors or Principle Investigators
Prefer applicants with some clinical research experience, preferably relating to HIV but not required, and also be familiar with computing, data entry and data checking.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Professional knowledge and skills
- 1 years experience in a clinical nursing role
- Computer, email and data entry skills
- Team player
- Organized, patient, dedicated, motivated, tactful, understanding, disciplined and mature
- Familiarity with computers, particularly MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail
- Written and spoken English at basic level
- Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days each year for the first year
- Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labour Law.
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The cover letter should detail:
- What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
- Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission
4th September 2020