This post is based at the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Hanoi, Viet Nam.
Hours of work
Full time: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
The staff will sign a project contract initially for 1 year, with the possibility of extension to 4 years.
The research coordinators and study doctors
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu, and Jakarta. As a Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
Our ten-year vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. This is being achieved via an integrated long-term research programme, contributions to training, the scientific literature, national and international meetings and membership of national and international committees. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals, and to Viet Nam as a whole. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals but also to help improve patient care throughout Viet Nam and the region.
Please see more information on OUCRU Website: www.oucru.org.
The recent, impressive growth in clinical trials capacity and opportunity needs to be matched with trained and qualified clinical research staff to ensure efficient and high quality research operations in line with international standards. The candidate will join a dynamic group running clinical research.
We seek for a fulltime study nurse, based at OUCRU Hanoi at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases. This position will support study doctors and team to manage all patients of a treatment Hepatitis C trial. The trial aims are to the head-to-head comparison of DAAs drug, sets out to evaluate three different treatment strategies to support expansion of existing services in low-/middle-income settings, and allow treatment of hard to reach groups. Strategies have been prioritised through discussion with local clinical experts and aim to balance reductions in drug treatment with simplicity for delivery.
1. Participate in patient screening, recruitment, follow-up process
2. Ensure that all study documentation (consent form, CRFs) is completed in a timely manner
3. Organise and maintain hard copies of patient data and enter study data from the paper CRFs into an electronic database in realtime.
4. Ensure that blood samples are obtained for all study patients per protocol. Prepare blood collection kits in advance and organise blood collection with hospital staff in a timely manner. Ensure that the blood specimens are delivered to the laboratory.
5. Dispense study medication in a professional and accountable manner following protocol requirements
6. Organize outpatient follow up for all enrolled patients. Contact patients by phone to remind them of the appointment. Reschedule the visit for patients that do not attend follow up, and when the patients are unable to attend follow up, collect clinical data over the phone.
7. Be responsible for protecting and maintaining the study record forms.
8. Photocopy study documents as required.
9. Other tasks as required.
Prefer applicants with some clinical research experience, preferably relating to HCV but not required, and also be familiar with computing, data entry and data checking.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Professional knowledge and skills
- 1 years experience in a clinical nursing role
- Computer, email and data entry skills
- Team player
- Organized, patient, dedicated, motivated, tactful, understanding, disciplined and mature
- Familiarity with computers, particularly MS Office: Word, Excel and e-mail
- Written and spoken English at basic level
- Understanding of academic, research or not-for-profit working environment;
– Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).
– Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
– Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
– Annual leave 18 days/year (increased to 21 days in year three, 28 days in year four and 30 days from year five).
– Vietnam Social & Health insurance, Sick leave, Personal leave, Maternity leave and National holidays will be based on Vietnam Labor Law
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to: email@example.com
* The cover letter should detail:
– What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
– Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission
8th January 2021
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi