Job description – Study Officer, ACT5 Study
Organisation: Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research is affiliated with the University of Sydney in Australia and is recognized as one of the leading research institutions for respiratory diseases and sleep disorders. Operating in Vietnam since 2009, we have undertaken large operational, epidemiological and clinical research projects and run training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers. The Woolcock Institute has three research centres and offices in Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City and Ca Mau. Currently we directly employ about 50 full-time staff and coordinates multiple study projects within lung health management and treatment across eleven provinces. We also expand research activity to other fields including antimicrobial resistance.
For more information about us, please visit:
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, Australia: http://www.woolcock.org.au/
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Vietnam: http://www.woolcockvietnam.org/
Overview: ACT5 Study is to acquire and present the evidence that will underpin a transformation in the global approach to TB elimination in low and middle-income countries with a high burden of TB. The study primary objective is to test the effect of universal testing for, and treatment of, latent TB infection together with active case finding for TB on the population prevalence of bacteriologically- confirmed TB after four year.
We are recruiting a highly motivated and experienced Study Officer to participate in the implementation of the ACT5 pilot.
Location: in either Hanoi or Ca Mau with regular travel between these locations
Duration: 12 months appointment, with consideration for subsequent extension. This position will be on full time basis.
To support the implementation of the ACT5 in Ca Mau. The role includes:
• To work with the Trial Coordinator closely and also with whole study team throughout the study.
• To contribute to all aspects of the study’s implementation based on the discussion with Trial Coordinator (document preparation, data collection, data entry, analysis etc.)
• To engage with relevant stakeholders and assist their efforts together with the relationship manager.
• To prepare and participate in all workshops, trainings and meetings related to the study.
• Any other additional tasks if required.
Key staff working with the project:
• Field workers
• Data Manager
• Local financial controller
• Technical managers (such as Laboratory staff)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and strengthen key relationships with collaborative partners in assigned areas
• Planning and executing the research study
o Implementing pilot projects to test key components of the trial
o Assisting in the evaluation of trial-related materials including the Standard Operating Procedures, trial documentation and forms, and trial marketing (promotion) materials
o To prepare detail plan for the field work with participation from field workers and local collaborators.
o Preparation and submission of routine regulatory and ethical review submissions and reports within delegated authority and areas
o Maintaining facilities and equipment as required for implementing the trial
o Assist in recruitment and training for field team on the study SOPs
• Study implementation accountability
o To learn and fully understand the study protocols and procedures.
o To facilitate the implementation of field work activities following approved protocols and plan.
o Coordinate day-to-day field work and participate in the field work activities.
o Be responsible for quality control activities (including, but not limited to, random phone calls, random visits to recruited households)
o Review and clean collected data
o Prepare and update adverse event reports
o To create and maintain relations with partners for Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in general and in the field.
o In charge of supply chain management of the study consumables, test kits, drugs and other investigational products
o To fill soft and hard copies of study data as required.
o Report to the Trial Coordinator without delay any major problems in preparation, execution or data management of the daily field work.
• Financial accountability
o Fulfilling financial responsibilities delegated according to project financial procedures
o Establishing effective procurement control and asset management in delegated study areas
o Ensure efficient expenditure of resources
o Ensuring appropriate financial control processes are followed
• Preparing weekly, monthly reports for the Trial Coordinator on progress of trial implementation
• To communicate and report any issues occurred in the field timely with the Trial Coordinator for solutions.
• To participate in report development by providing comments and inputs.
• To perform other duties if required.
• University degree in public health or related field, preferable having a master degree
• Preferably at least 5 years of experience in field work for research projects
• Managerial skills
• Highly motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
• Professional use of personal computer utilizing word processing and spreadsheet software programs
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent English (written and spoken) as preference
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English or Vietnamese and scanned copies of your related degrees, no later than 10/01/2022 by submitting the application form in the link as follows: https://airtable.com/shrEHhrmyayGTWOjs
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 10/01/2022, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
28/02/2022Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization
28/01/2022Save The Children International
27/01/2022Save The Children International
21/01/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
06/02/2022Save the Children
30/01/2022Save the Children
27/01/2022Save the Children
10/02/2022Save the Children
26/01/2022Managament and Sustainable Developement Institute (MSD)