Subject Matter Expert: Higher Education Sustainability Review
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
USAID/Vietnam has asked SI to conduct a sustainability review of a USAID-funded higher education activity. The purpose of the sustainability review is to determine, in collaboration with stakeholders, if the university-industry partnerships under the activity are sustainable and what can be done to increase sustainability of these interventions over the final years of the activity.
**Please Note: Candidates can be international or Vietnamese. International candidates will likely need to work remotely.**
Roles & Responsibilities
SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Subject Matter Expert for this research. This position will be the primary work with the team in conducting the sustainability review and complete all deliverables. The Subject Matter Expert will participate in consultation meetings with relevant stakeholders to better understand the scope and objectives. The Subject Matter Expert will develop the research design, conduct desk review, direct data collection (Key Informant Interviews & Focus Groups) and compilation, conduct data analysis, coordinate technical inputs of team members, and lead the drafting and completion of a final report. The Subject Matter Expert will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. Following the completion of data collection and analysis, the Subject Matter Expert will organize and deliver a workshop to present final reports and recommendations for communication strategy.
The Subject Matter Expert will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Contribute to discussions of research design and methodological approaches,expected deliverables and timeline
- Develop a research design and present the design to Learns and USAID/Vietnam and finalize the design
- Schedule and lead consultation meeting with relevant stakeholders to understand their objectives, perspectives on the research questions, develop joint priorities/partnership, and engage in utilization of research results
- Conduct desk review
- Conduct qualitative interviews and focus group discussions with relevant stakeholders Analyse data, write report, and revise the report based on stakeholder comments
- Present study findings and recommendations to USAID/Vietnam and other stakeholders
- Finalize and submit final report
Level of Effort (LOE): Approximately 35 days.
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Timeframe: From start date until July 31, 2021
- Master’s degree in social development, education, social sciences, public policy or related field;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Extensive experience in higher education and private sector engagement;
- Previous experience conducting sustainability reviews;
- Experience using data to drive messaging and behavioral change a plus;
- Experience with USAID research assessments and related requirements;
- Very strong analytical skills;
- High degree of fluency in written English required.
The closing date for application: March 22, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one word/pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)