About the postion
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO)
- Open Period: 05/31/2023 - 06/14/2023
- Salary: USD $13,827 /Per Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week. Definite subject to successful completion of probationary period (3-year fixed-term with an extension possibility)
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
DutiesThe Supervisory Administrative Assistant provides a wide range of administrative assistance to the Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) Project Director (PD) and other OBO management staff (M/OBO) in support of the New Embassy Compound (NEC). Incumbent is responsible to the OBO PD for administrative management of OBO’s resources and activities, including but not limited to, finance and budget, procurement and supplies, information technology and systems, shipping and travel, human resources and personnel, and housing and furnishings needs.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Requirements:EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years of office administration and management work experience, including at least one year in construction or engineering industry environment either on a jobsite or in an office setting, is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
- Thorough knowledge of office management functions, service, procedures and standard information sources is required.
- Knowledge of customs and shipping procedures for inbound and outbound shipments as well as means of expediting shipments that arrive in country; working knowledge of permitting activities, etc. is required.
- Basic accounting principles is required.
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
- Good working knowledge of computer systems and programs used to support administrative and cost control functions like Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be skilled in managing an office budget.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other InfoBenefits:
Agency Benefits:Locally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to ApplyAll candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance. To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of the page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/ Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children