- Hiring Agency: Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
- Position Title: Supervisory Consular Assistant (2 positions)
- Open Period: 05/08/2023 - 05/22/2023
- Salary: USD $16,364 /Per Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - The work schedule for this position is: 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
- Duty Location(s): 2 in Ho Chi Minh City, VM
DutiesServe as Team Leader for three Locally Employed (LE) Staff on one of the two Consular Information and Public Outreach teams of the Consular Section at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City. The Team Leader supervises all the activities of the team and manages all routine tasks and basic management functions. The Team Leader also occasionally serves as back-up for the Consular Information and Public Outreach Specialist in collaborating among different units in the Consular Section as well as between the Consular Section in Hanoi and the Consular Section in Ho Chi Minh City.
Qualifications and EvaluationsRequirements:
- The incumbent must have at least three years of progressively responsible experience in work involving the application of relatively complex regulatory material along with extensive public contact or closely related work.
- The incumbent must have at least 1 year of experience in a media outlet, international organization, government, or the private sector, with experience in communications, journalism, marketing, public outreach, multimedia content creation, public relations, or public affairs.
- The incumbent must have at least one (01) year of experience as a supervisor.
Education Requirements: A university/college degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Language, Public Relations, or local equivalent is required. [please upload degree and/or transcript as verification of educational requirement]Evaluations: This may be tested.
- Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required.
Please clarify level of your English and Vietnamese language skill on your application.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply good judgment in evaluating evidence and to apply relatively complex regulations correctly.
- Excellent organizational, management, and communications and interpersonal skills required. Ability to multitask efficiently with a high degree of accuracy in a very demanding work environment.
- Ability to draft correspondence and cables in correct, standard English and Vietnamese.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, database and/or spreadsheet application required.
- The jobholder must be able to use Microsoft applications including spreadsheet and database management, as well as the ability to deal with the public with patience and tact and to work under pressure.
- The incumbent also must have the ability to translate/interpret English to Vietnamese professionally and vice versa, as well as the ability to apply good judgment in evaluating evidence and to apply relatively complex regulations.
- The incumbent must have excellent organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask efficiently with a high degree of accuracy in a very demanding work environment.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other InfoBenefits:
Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 22 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance. To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of the page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site:
For further detailed information, please visit here.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi