- Announcement Number: HANOI-2020-02
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Supervisory Financial Management Analyst - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 02/03/2020 - 02/17/2020Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 0450 9
- Salary: USD $18,897
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-9
Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- For More Info: HR Section
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications, or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
- Hiring Path: Internal to an agency (not searchable on USAJOBS)
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FS is FP-5. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All interested Applicants
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation Appointment Type Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Incumbent of the position will serve as the Branch Chief of the Financial Management Analyst’s branch. He/she will provide full range of financial service for State’s International Cooperative Administrative Support Services (ICASS), Diplomatic Security (DS), and World Wide Security (WSU) allotments and any other serviced agency’s allotments, including budget formulation, financial planning, allotment accounting/budget execution and management advisory functions. The incumbent will maintain records of proceeds of sale and back up the Financial Management Specialist.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least five years of progressively responsive experience in budget work, accounting, or auditing. Two years of this experience should be in budget work for a large company, accounting firm, or government entity. At least one year of this experience in supervisory or leadership experience is required.
Must have a thorough knowledge of 4 FAM and 4FAH, 6FAM and 6FAH, Standardized Regulations, ICASS Handbook, ICASS Software and a knowledge of regulations and procedures affecting the financial aspects of post management.
Completion of University level education with a baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management, or Banking is required.
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have strong leadership skills and ability to think critically and analytically.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position, click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. is attached to this announcement.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
To view a current list of all available vacant positions at the U.S. Embassy the Embassy & Consulate and to apply, please visit our ERA site
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất