The Supply and Logistics Intern is responsible for assisting the uninterrupted supply of affordable and good quality supplies and services, adapted to the particular context and through compliance with UNICEF’s policies, procedures and ethics standards.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Senior Supply Associate, Operations Section, the Supply and Logistics Intern will perform the following tasks:
Supply Chain Service Delivery and Response
- Liaise with colleagues from respective programme sections in planning procurement and processing for purchases of goods and services (mainly low value purchases), supporting development of relevant specifications, terms of reference, and logistics arrangements and timelines if required.
- Prepares documentation or follow up with requesting units for documentation and filing of the procurement processes and act on specific procurement requisitions as might be required. Assists with bid openings, and technical and financial analysis of offers as might be required. Conduct clarifications with suppliers when needed.
- Liaise with suppliers, ensuring timely follow-up on delivery schedules, implement appropriate vendor management practices e.g. supply performance reviews.
- Explore local market, prepare for vendor sourcing and vendor registration process (MDM process) on ongoing and regular basis for identification of potential suppliers to procure the goods and services at competitive costs and maintenance of office’s list of suppliers.
- Liaise with supply colleagues, common services unit as well as colleagues from respective programme sections, to monitor delivery progress of offshore and/or regional supplies and take action to ensure timely customs clearance of supplies entering the country.
- Provide support in logistics, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of programme supplies. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Maintain and process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification, and other consignment/shipping documents), and take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues, escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Other duties requested by the supervisor: support to the supervisor to organize meetings with bidders or supply related meetings, assist with the dissemination of tenders to list of invitees, assist and follow up with programme sections if required for timely payment to suppliers and other administrative tasks for the operations of supply unit.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate degree programme or have graduated within the past two years, ideally in related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
- Demonstrable proof of excellent academic performance.
- Fluency in English.
- Relevant administrative experience in supply chain management, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn other UNICEF office tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant supply chain processes and ability to consistently apply relevant policies, procedures and good practices in the daily work.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor.
- Ability to establish priorities and plan his/her own work and plan, coordinate and monitor the work of those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports or rationale for supply related decisions when needed.
Duration of the internship: 24 weeks from October 2020.
Salary/Payment: It should be noted that, while this is considered an unpaid internship position, a monthly stipend will be given to the selected intern. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
Working conditions: The intern will work at UNICEF Vietnam at Green One UN House at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi. S/he will work with the Operations Section and report to the supervisor of this internship. S/he is not expected to travel out of this duty station during the assignment. A flexible workspace will be provided. The intern will be expected to participate in Section’s meetings, as well as other UNICEF meetings of interest to the intern, including the seminar series for UNICEF interns. Guidance will be provided on a regular basis.
How to apply?
This is a national position. All eligible Vietnamese are encouraged to apply. The following documents should be included in the application
- CV and a letter of interest;
- Proof of enrolment in an undergraduate or graduate programme;
- A recommendation letter (can be from employers, internships, university professor, etc.);
- Up-to-date university transcripts;
- Proof of medical and life insurance.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: SE Asia Standard Time
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
01/02/2021Micro-finance and Community Development Institute
30/01/2021Micro-finance and Community Development Institute
25/01/2021Center for Development and Integration (CDI)
31/01/2021USAID LinkSME Project
25/01/2021Save the Children
05/02/2021Teach For Vietnam
Contract Package: Purchase Pick up Car for Biodiversity Conservation in Central Annamites through Ecosystem Protection and Land ManagementWWF
22/01/2021The Consulate General of the Netherlands