Supply Chain Operations Lead
Are you ready to use your logistics and procurement acumen to restore vision for millions of people in frontier and emerging markets? Would you like to work for an organization that combines the best of business and social impact practices?
VisionSpring, an international social enterprise, seeks a Supply Chain Operations Lead. The Supply Chain Operations Lead has an important role in the In-Country planning, organizing and carrying out of day to day Supply Chain Operations and large-scale projects for Procurement, Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution. A SCO Lead will be responsible for building a working relationship with our In-Country 3PL Warehouses and their Management Teams and will review and coordinate all Sales, POD and Inventory Data into the VisionSpring SAP ERP system. The SCO Lead will have a detailed awareness of stock on hand and actively monitor what is being used and support Global Supply Chain Management in managing stock and stock replenishments in a timely manner.
- You seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain department by reviewing current methodology and processes
- You will maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values
- You excel at juggling numerous shipments to diverse destinations simultaneously.
- You are willing to aggressively push our suppliers to work quickly to deliver as expected and resolve problems when they do not, all while maintaining positive, strong relationships.
- You are analytical. You can break down bids to understand which vendor costs are driving ours and where there is room to negotiate.
- Although you can work independently and serve as the in-house expert for all thing’s logistics, you are not a solo performer. You enjoy relationships with many stakeholders in a dynamic environment, maintaining close ties with colleagues and external partners. You connect with people across the organization to gain insights into every operations function, from manufacturing to last-mile delivery, from sales to finance.
- You thoroughly understand sourcing and find fun in designing and implementing best-in-class, environment-friendly procurement processes.
- We are creating access to affordable eyewear, everywhere. Clear vision creates opportunities for increased learning, work, safety, civic participation, and quality of life.
- As a social enterprise, social change motivates us first. Our focus on sales and revenue targets serves and advances our mission objective—to increase functioning, productivity, and income earning potential for our low-income consumers by correcting refractive error with eyeglasses.
- We are working to transform the systemic dysfunction of an optical market that has failed to deliver eyeglasses—a 700-year-old technology—to 2.5 billion consumers in need of vision correction, most of whom live on less than $4 a day.
- We serve low-income consumers, not as beneficiaries but as customers. Our customers expect a high-quality and affordable product, and they will spend limited discretionary income for the immediate and tangible benefits of vision correction.
- By selling eyeglasses, we awaken new demand and seed a viable market. By selling new eyeglasses we are able to serve four times as many people per dollar input than the alternative of donating recycled ones. To efficiently scale, we must deliver each new unit with lower cost.
- We run our business on both sales metrics and social impact measures. We exploit a range of organizational forms and practices to get the job done.
- We believe in scaling our impact, not our organization. We are a lean team of doers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain department by reviewing current methodology and processes
- Work closely with the Global Supply Chain Director and the IT department to create effective databases to manage and organize accurate warehouse inventory
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values
- Research and seek out the most cost-efficient shipment procedures and methods
- Organize and oversee inventory by keeping a detailed database of available inventory and committed inventory per client.
- Plan and implement supply chain Monthly Metrics and Inventory Cycle Count projects
- Experience managing and improving supply chain data, information and processes
- Actively seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain by streamlining steps
- Professional communication skills are essential when conversing and negotiating with vendors
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges and needs to be addressed
- Top-level understanding of all aspects of supply chain processes
- Ability to research companies and determine the best vendors to reach out to for various projects
- Previous experience with Supply Chain Management is essential
- Experience working in and maintaining databases using SAP, QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and others relevant to company processes
- Supply Chain Management certification is strongly preferred, and we welcome those with and without Undergraduate or Graduate Degrees to apply.
- Salary range is based on experience and education.
- We want to know more than just what you have done. We want to know who you are. What are the passions and talents that draw you to this role?
- Please submit your application, including a thoughtful cover letter and your CV/résumé, to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 January 2021. Please assure there is a short description of the business of each company or organization listed on your CV/résumé. Include your last name and “Supply Chain Operations Lead – Vietnam” in the subject line.
- Please note, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- VisionSpring is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from historically marginalized populations are encouraged to apply.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021Foundation of Youth Empowerment
28/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam