Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Vietnam
A SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - ELMIS
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is among the top global research firms and international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in nearly 40 countries, including Vietnam.
The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a USAID-funded 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs, and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards. USAID’s LHSS Vietnam activity will focus on improving health financing for HIV and TB prevention and control, strengthening supply chain systems, and supporting the expansion of the Social Health Insurance (SHI) scheme to improve the provision of quality care and treatment at a national scale. The project will work collaboratively at the national level with the Government of Vietnam (GVN), particularly the Ministry of Health and the Vietnam Social Security (VSS), to support GVN efforts to increase sustainable domestic financing for health, including TB and HIV, ensure the quality of HIV care, and to seek efficiencies in health spending and procurement and supply chain management. With regards to supply chain management, LHSS will support the GVN to have regular up-to-date information to make appropriate procurement, financing, storage, distribution, and dispensing decisions.
The Medical Supply Chain Systems Analyst – eLMIS will provide subject matter expertise to strengthen the capacity of the GVN to further develop and manage an Electronic Logistics Management Information System (e-LMIS) for HIV/AIDS commodities that will increase transparency, coordination and facilitate high-quality service provision. The LMIS Specialist will report to the Supply Chain Management Lead.
- Contribute to the implementation of activities aimed at strengthening the government of Vietnam’s capacity to develop and manage an (electronic) logistic management information system.
- Support the strengthening of in-country capacity to use and manage LMIS, and supply chain processes.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a LMIS at GVN institutions.
- Analyse the different LMIS functions and closely work with IT Solution Company as a technical expert to ensure a good solution design and implementation of medical supply chain management.
- Ensure compatibility, interoperability, stability, and availability of the LMIS.
- Develop tools to analyse and manage internal data sources if needed.
- Contribute to the documentation and reporting of technical strategies, activities, and results.
- Implement activities in a way that is harmonized with project objectives to ensure complementary and efficient implementation.
- Contribute to the timely production of quality deliverables for USAID, such as quarterly and annual reports, work plans, budgets, technical reports, and publications.
- Collaborate with project staff and partners in the implementation of cross-cutting activities.
- Coordinate with international and local subcontractors, working with regional and technical staff to ensure that all activities and outputs are technically sound and appropriate.
- Sustain quality of program amidst adaptations from changing operational demands and client feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Information Technology/Information Systems.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in the design, development and/or implementation of data and information systems using relevant technology and/or non-technology solutions.
- Understand commonly used basic system architectural design and solutions to integrate (with) existing data and information systems, evaluate advantages and disadvantages of chosen solutions.
- Understand an information system's non-functional requirements (Scalability, Security, Adaptability, Compatibility, Manageability, Availability, Operability and Sustainability).
- Knowledge on enterprise architecture(design) for the most common scenarios and problems in information systems; preferably related to logistics information systems.
- Experience with supply chain management system development and strengthening, including central level coordination and systems integration; experience with setting up an electronic LMIS is an asset.
- Proven experience working with the Government of Vietnam, the Ministry of Health, VSS, NCDPC and local medicine manufacturing/logistics management companies strongly desired.
- Knowledge of Social Health Insurance (SHI) issues and key health sector stakeholders in Vietnam highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government counterparts and coordinate various actors such as different Ministry of Health units, Vietnam Social Security other ministries and government agencies, donors, and NGOs.
- Proven professional knowledge of MS Office applications and appropriate organizational skills.
- Fluency in Vietnamese, with excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Note: This position is based in Hanoi, Vietnam with travelling to the provinces if needed.
To apply, please send your application documents to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21 June2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
 e-LMIS is used in a generic sense and does not necessarily refer to existing logistic information systems in different GVN institutions.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank