Animals Asia signed an agreement with the Vietnamese Government to bring bear bile farming to an end. In 2021, we will be taking the final steps to make that happen and are looking for someone with a passion for people and animals to join our team as a Supporter Engagement Coordinator.
This is a full-time, ongoing position. For the first 6 or so months of the role, you will be based at our Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre, in Tam Dao National Park. Thereafter, you will be based in Bach Ma National Park at our soon-to-be-built new bear rescue centre.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and are fluent in English and Vietnamese. You are confident interacting with a range of people, whether they are major donors, supporters, authorities, or officials. You enjoy photography and have the ability to tell a story verbally and through photos and videos of our rescued bears which can be used on our social media sites and other avenues.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a dedicated, high-functioning, and cohesive team which is Kindness in Action.
- Hosting guests onsite; these guests will broadly belong to one of the following groups: major donors, supporters, authorities, or officials.
- Pre-visit coordination for guests such as accommodation, transport, meals with support from our administration staff.
- Collecting information and material (photos/videos) of bears, humans, small animals, and onsite work as required by our Global/Local Comms and Fundraising teams.
- Attending weekly meetings in English onsite and online. Contributing your ideas for upcoming programs.
- Working closely with the onsite team comprising both Vietnamese and English speakers to keep up-to-date with events/reports and proactively provide materials to other departments.
You will be asked to start in October 2021. You will be based at the Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre in Tam Dao National Park for the first 6 months, where after 2 months of training you will fill a maternity leave position until approximately April. Thereafter, you will relocate to Bach Ma National Park, to our new bear rescue centre.
- University graduate (preferred Communications/Relations/ Media major) with at least two years of relevant work experience in an English-speaking environment. Recent graduates with exceptional skills will be considered.
- Technical skills such as photography, videography, video editing, live streaming, and visual storytelling.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to live and work closely with the rest of the team comprising both expatriate and local staff.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Familiar with the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email.
- Able to live in Tam Dao National Park, Vinh Phuc Province (temporarily), and relocate permanently to Bach Ma National Park, Thua Thien Hue Province.
- Able to work in a flexible and timely manner, with availability outside of standard working hours when required.
Please send a letter detailing your suitability for this role (in English, please) and your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday, 10th September.
Interviews for selected candidates will be conducted by Skype/Zoom (please ensure you have a working webcam and microphone).
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross