Surveillance Program Officer (Greater Mekong Sub-region)
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Position type: Full-time/Regular
PATH seeks a Surveillance Program Officer to support a potential CDC-funded project entitled “Enhancing Global Health Security: Strengthening Public Health Surveillance Systems and Preparedness Globally.” The project goal is to build upon activities funded by CDC to support global health security through implementation of surveillance activities that focus on protecting and improving public health globally through strategic planning, policy, strengthening surveillance capacities and systems in coordination with Ministries of Health and other governmental institutions.
The surveillance program officer will be based in Vietnam and will work closely with country and regional teams in the Greater Mekong Subregion as well as global teams, and in collaboration with donors as well as national and international project partners. The surveillance program officer will provide technical leadership and support to the design, implementation, and monitoring of strategies and activities to integrate and strengthen disease surveillance systems within and across countries in the Greater Mekong Sub-region.
This position will operate under management and oversight of the project director based in Vietnam and report to the project director of Global Health Security based in PATH headquarters.
Key responsibilities include
- Provide technical assistance to project partners for activity implementation in strengthening electronic integrated disease surveillance and response systems as well as cross-border surveillance networks.
- Support efforts to improve in real-time reporting, data sharing, and interoperability among surveillance and laboratory systems.
- Support the development and dissemination of surveillance standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance to project partners for activity implementation in improving public health surveillance workforce
- Participate in data quality assurance activities.
- Identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation.
- Work closely with partners, regional, and country technical leads and other stakeholders to ensure coordinated approach to project implementation.
- Coordinate with the project team on laboratory information system strengthening activities.
- Represent PATH and the project on technical working groups and maintain contacts with other organizations engaged in project activities.
- Support project team members with monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to preparing reports to CDC and PATH headquarters.
- A graduate degree in public health, epidemiology, or related field with a focus on infectious disease detection and surveillance. A medical degree is also acceptable although not required.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience implementing health systems strengthening projects.
- A minimum of 3 years project management experience with progressive work responsibility.
- Demonstrated skills in collecting, managing, and analyzing data sets.
- Experience with epidemiologic surveillance methodology preferred.
- Experience implementing public health projects including design, M&E, and reporting.
- Proven experience working with the ministries of health, donors, NGOs, and the private sector on infectious disease programming.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with diverse project teams and partners at the local, national, and international level.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and workload management skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Greater Mekong Sub-region as requested up to 35%.
How to applyCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD