Surveillance Program Officer for ‘Expanding Efforts and
Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam’,
Global Health Security Program, Vietnam Country Program
Title: Surveillance Program Officer
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Global Health Programs
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Vietnam for 40 years. Our current portfolio in Vietnam includes work to support health care providers and communities prevent and respond to communicable and noncommunicable diseases, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities.
PATH seeks an experienced public health surveillance expert to serve as Surveillance Program Officer on a potential United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) funded program titled “Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam”. The project’s goal is to increase Vietnam’s ability to prevent, detect, and respond to emergencies of public health importance, as well as emerging infectious disease threats. This program expands on PATH’s current US CDC-funded Global Health Security Partnership activities in Vietnam.
The Surveillance Program Officer provides technical support to the design, implementation and monitoring of technical strategies to integrate and strengthen country disease surveillance systems.
This position will report to the Surveillance Team Lead. The Program Officer will work closely with the Team Lead to partner with the government and stakeholders in developing national disease surveillance strategies. This position will be based in Hanoi.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance in strengthening Vietnam’s event-based, indicator-based and community-based surveillance systems.
- Support efforts to improve in real-time reporting, data sharing and interoperability between surveillance and laboratory systems.
- Support the development and dissemination of surveillance standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Provide training for key staff in the Government of Vietnam for strengthening the surveillance system.
- Identify gaps in core functions of human and animal disease surveillance systems.
- Ensure project activities are aligned with country priorities and are well-coordinated with other organizations working in Vietnam.
- Work closely with Global Health Security Agenda partners, regional and country Technical Leads and other stakeholders to ensure a coordinated approach to project implementation.
Core competencies/Required Skills:
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology or related field with a focus on infectious disease detection and surveillance.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience implementing health systems strengthening programs.
- Technical competency in infectious disease(s) and surveillance systems.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data for decision making.
- Experience working with MOH, national /regional institutes and other government agencies.
- Experience working on projects aligned with the Global Health Security Agenda strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity strengthening efforts, including developing curriculums and delivering training.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination.
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
Note: this position is contingent upon donor funding. All offers are conditional upon donor approval.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link (https://bit.ly/2wUROvt) or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Global Health Programs). Deadline for applications: May 2nd, 2020.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round