The purpose of the USAID Improving Private Sector Competitiveness Activity (“Activity”) is to remove constraints and build the competitiveness of small and growing businesses (SGBs) in Vietnam, including those led by vulnerable populations. With this activity, USAID/Vietnam is supporting Vietnam’s competitiveness: vertically at the policy, market and firm level; and horizontally by working along the entire spectrum of enterprise growth models, from household businesses transforming into registered firms to small firms on the cusp of scaling up. Deloitte Consulting LLP (“Deloitte”) is implementing this Activity on behalf of USAID. The Agency for Enterprise Development of the Ministry of Planning and Investment is the Vietnam Government counterpart of IPS-C. CARE is the Sub-Contractor.
The Activity is made up of four interrelated Objectives:
Objective 1. Building business management capacity of SGBs, including those led by vulnerable populations (particularly women and ethnic minorities),
Objective 2. Improving efficiency and productivity by promoting innovation, technology adoption, and sustainable business models,
Objective 3. Enhancing business enabling environment for a broad-based inclusive economy,
Objective 4. Strengthening business-to-business (B2B) and cross-sectoral linkages.
Summary of Activities
The Sustainability and Social Impact Manager will provide technical guidance and support to SGBs and Objective Leads on adopting sustainable business models (environmental, social, and governance). The Sustainability and Social Impact Manager will also promote the creation of a brand of Vietnamese products (“Made by Vietnam”) among existing SGBs with a firm position in regional and international markets.
The Sustainability and Social Impact Manager shall perform the following tasks:
- Screen SGB business models and assess their sustainability, including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) analysis.
- Provide strategic advice to Objective Leads and other team members on how to support SGBs and Pioneering Enterprises (PEs) to adopt sustainable business models, including improved energy use, clean operations, traceability, e-commerce retail, and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Collaborate with the Innovation Program Manager to develop activities that support the development of social impact entrepreneurship and provide technical assistance/advisory to SGBs and PEs to stimulate generating social impact.
- Develop a consortium of partners in the field of social impact/social corporate responsibility, including start-ups, venture funds, impact funds, business support organizations, other economic development projects and boards to support project objectives.
- Conduct analysis and stay updated on national and international business practices and market requirements to inform the competitiveness of Vietnamese SGBs and PEs.
- Develop measurement tools to monitor and report key data of sustainability plans.
- Develop business cases for sustainability among project supported SGBs and PEs.
- In conjunction with the MEL Manager, collect and report on data for reporting to USAID and project partners.
- Contribute regular inputs for IPS-C’s weekly, quarterly, and annual reporting, in addition to creating success stories as required.
- Carry out additional tasks, as per the request of the Team Lead, within the scope of the adviser’s expertise and experience.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or related field and/or minimum eight years of full-time professional experience.
- Proven experience working on business sustainability and international certifications.
- Proven experience in developing and executing corporate sustainability strategies, particularly for SGBs.
- Knowlege on social inclusion, business and human rights, gender responsive and inclusive market systems development.
- Strong representation, networking and influencing skills.
- Practical understanding of social inclusion, gender equity, and women’s economic empowerment.
- Demonstrated high level organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage workflow and balance competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience working in a team environment, possessing excellent people skills.
- Vietnamese nationality.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Vietnamese and proficiency in reporting and presenting.
- This position will report to Objective 2 Team Lead, Innovation, Technology, and Finance.
Place, Period of Performance and Level of Effort
- Level of effort: Full time
- Expected start date: February 2022
- End date: December 2025
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam with travel to other provinces as required
Why you should apply:
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Supportive teams
- A comprehensive benefit package
USAID Improving Private Sector Competitiveness Key Concepts and Definitions
- Small and Growing Business (SGB): An organization/economic unit of Vietnam, including enterprises, under the provisions of the Law on Enterprises, cooperatives operating under the provisions of the Law on Cooperatives, and business households registered in accordance with Vietnamese law, which employs no more than 500 full-time employees, has growth potential but lacks the resources of knowledge, finance, human resources, and technology to realize its goals and growth potential.
- Pioneering SGBs or Pioneering Enterprises (PEs): A growing Vietnamese enterprise with Vietnamese-branded products, good competitiveness, the ability to lead and expand in the industry, sector, and locality, good management capacity and willingness to innovate and produce products with high added value, with the vision/objective to build a Vietnamese brand in the international market.
- Business Development Service Provider (BDSP): Agencies, organizations and enterprises in both the public and private sector with functions, duties/business lines providing non-financial services to support enterprises to improve operational efficiency and business development.
- Business Support Organization (BSO): An organization with the function and mission to connect and support business development, often including business associations/clubs, industries, etc.
Application Deadline: 05:00 pm 20 January 2022
We invite Vietnamese candidate to submit expressions of interest to join our team. Please click the Apply button and complete online application form linked to the vacancy on our careers page https://www.careers-page.com/care-vietnam. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter in English language before submitting.
CARE International in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organisation which has worked with Vietnamese and international partner organisations since 1989 in over 300 projects. We recognise that the key to achieving equitable development outcomes lies in addressing deeply rooted, structural underlying causes of poverty and injustices which contribute to the exclusion and vulnerability of particular groups in society. Our long term programme goals in Vietnam are that Remote Ethnic Minority Women (REMW) and Socially Marginalised People (SMP) in urban areas equitably benefit from development, are resilient to changing circumstances and have a legitimate voice. To learn more, visit: www.care.org.vn
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in CARE! We are committed to each other and to the protection of the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within or external to our organisation and imbed child protection in all we do. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and child protection are fundamental to our relationships, including employment; and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable to work with other staff and the people we serve. In addition to pre-employment checks, we will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations. To find out more, please contact the Human Resources Team Leader.
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
28/02/2022Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization
28/01/2022Save The Children International
27/01/2022Save The Children International
21/01/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
06/02/2022Save the Children
30/01/2022Save the Children
27/01/2022Save the Children
10/02/2022Save the Children
26/01/2022Managament and Sustainable Developement Institute (MSD)