Position: Sustainability & Social Impact Manager
Deadline: 17:00 27/12/2021
About the role
The Sustainability & Social Impact Manager will work full-time under the Improving Private Sector Competitiveness (IPS-C) project. This USAID-funded project seeks to increase the competitiveness of small and growing businesses (SGBs) of sizes up to 500 employees, including those led by women and vulnerable populations1. Through technical assistance, training, and information exchange, the IPS-C project will: (i) strengthen foundational business management skills of SGB managers and owners, (ii) encourage the adoption of productivity-enhancing technology of SGBs, (iii) facilitate business-to-business networking for business opportunities and policy advocacy, and (iv) support national and provincial governments to implement policy reforms conducive to inclusive private sector growth and competitiveness. The implementation of IPS-C is led by Deloitte Consulting LLP, with CARE being the sub-contractor.
The Sustainability & Social Impact Manager will aadvise SGBs and Objective Leads on the adoption of sustainable business models (environmental, social, and governance). S/he will also promote the creation of a brand of Vietnamese products (“Made by Vietnam”) amongst existing small and growing businesses with a firm position in regional and international markets.
This position is based in Hanoi, with travel required to other sites.
- Screen SGBs’ business models and assess their sustainability, including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) analysis;
- Provide strategic advice to Objective Leads and other team members on how to support SGBs and pioneer enterprises (PEs) to adopt sustainable business models, including but not limited to improved energy use, clean operation, traceability, e-commerce retail, enterprise resource planning (ERP);
- Provide direct coaching and mentoring support on the development and implementation of sustainability strategies/plans for selected SGBs and PEs, including those which are led/owned by women and vulnerable populations;
- Collaborate with Innovation Program Manager to develop programs that support the development of social impact entrepreneurship or to provide technical assistance/advisory to SGBs/PEs that might generate social impact;
- Advise select SGBs/PEs on positioning their Vietnamese products (“Made by Vietnam”) in domestic as well as international markets through engaging social impact as a key unique selling point;
- Develop consortium of partners in the field of social impact/social corporate responsibility (including, but not limited to, start-ups, venture funds, impact funds, business support organizations, other economic development projects and boards) to support project’s objectives;
- Conduct analysis and stay updated on national and international business practices and market requirements to inform the competitiveness of Vietnamese SGBs & PEs;
- Develop measurement tools to monitor and report key data of sustainability plans;
- Build capacity for the project team and partners on sustainable business models;
*1 Vulnerable populations are defined as women, ethnic minorities, youth, victims of trafficking in persons, and people with disabilities.
- Develop business cases for sustainability among project supported SGBs/PEs; and
- Other tasks as required.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration or related field and/or minimum 10 years of full-time professional experience;
- Proven experience working on business sustainability and international certifications; • Proven experience in developing and executing corporate sustainability strategies, particularly for SMEs; • Having a knowlege on social inclusion, business and human rights, gender responsive and inclusive market systems development;
- Proven experience in leading and managing a multiple technical complex programme including the ability to manage workflow and balance competing priorities to ensure meeting deadlines, with minimal supervision; • Demonstrated strong leadership, decision making, conflict resolution;
- Strong representation, networking and influencing skills;
- Fluent oral communication and writing skills in both in Vietnamese and English; and
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office and numeracy skills.
Why you should apply:
- Ongoing professional and personal development
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Supportive teams
- A comprehensive benefit package
Application Deadline: 17:00 pm 27 December 2021
We invite Vietnamese candidate to submit expressions of interest to join our team. Please click the Apply button and complete online application form linked to the vacancy on our careers page https://www.careers page.com/care-vietnam. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter in English language before submitting.
CARE International in Vietnam (CVN) is a creative and dynamic organisation, which has worked with Vietnamese, and international partner organisations since 1989 in over 300 projects. We recognise that the key to achieving equitable development outcomes lies in addressing deeply rooted, structural underlying causes of poverty and injustices which contribute to the exclusion and vulnerability of particular groups in society. Our long term programme goals in Vietnam are that poor and marginalised ethnic minority and urban people of all genders, particularly women, equitably benefit from development, are resilient to changing circumstances and have a legitimate voice. To learn more, visit www.care.org.vn
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in CARE! We are committed to each other and to the protection of the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within or external to our organisation and imbed child protection in all we do. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and child protection are fundamental to our relationships, including employment; and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable to work with other staff and the people we serve. In addition to pre-employment checks, we will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations. To find out more, please contact the Human Resources Team Leader.
Click here for more information.
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
28/02/2022Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization
28/01/2022Save The Children International
27/01/2022Save The Children International
21/01/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
06/02/2022Save the Children
30/01/2022Save the Children
27/01/2022Save the Children
10/02/2022Save the Children
26/01/2022Managament and Sustainable Developement Institute (MSD)