SUSTAINABLE INVESTMENT SENIOR OFFICER
To apply and for more information, please visit:
GGGI’s Viet Nam country office is seeking a highly experienced investment officer to develope financing facilities, risk reduction instruments and bankable projects.
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as "green growth", which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
Since 2012, GGGI has been working with the Vietnamese government on the development and implementation of Viet Nam’s Green Growth Strategy. GGGI’s office is embedded within the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), the focal point of green growth policy in Viet Nam. In addition to the collaboration with MPI, GGGI has since expanded the country program to cover three priorities for green growth in Viet Nam; green finance, clean energy and urban green growth, with the Ministry of Industry & Trade (MOIT), Ministry of Construction (MoC), Ministry of Natural Resources & Environment (MONRE), Ministry of Finance (MoF), and other government institutions
Looking ahead, GGGI will continue working with the Government of Viet Nam to provide strategic policy advice and help develop bankable projects, financing facilities and/or risk-reduction instruments with a focus on green growth and sustainable development. Key focus of the investment advice will be on mobilizing public and private, domestic, and international investment for the implementation of these strategies. These works are built on GGGI’s experience in supporting Viet Nam to advance the policy and investment environments in renewable energy, green cities, and green finance.
The Sustainable Investment Senior Officer, under the guidance of the Country Representative, will be one of the key national investment experts in the implementation of GGGI Vietnam’s projects. (S)he will co-lead the green investment mobilization aspects of GGGI’s projects in Vietnam through developing financing facilities, risk reduction instruments and bankable projects focusing on GGGI’s key advantages and priorities in thematic sectors including renewable energy (solar rooftop), energy efficiency in building sector (sustainable cooling projects), and forestry.
- Assess issues and opportunities within target sectors for development, including renewable energy (roof top solar), energy efficiency in building sector (sustainable cooling projects), and forestry.
- Identify and formulate financial structures and instruments to accelerate green investments, elaborate innovative models for green business to scale up investments in green growth, especially from the private sector, within the context of the country program;
- Assess and present policies to incentivize investments in sectors such as roof top solar, energy efficiency, sustainable forestry etc.
- Implements specific programs or projects, assigned by the Country Representative, including budget, project monitoring and evaluation
- Provide financial know-how through advice and substantive inputs, especially in structuring bankable projects and/or financing facilities/risk-reduction instruments;
- Develop and present investment and policy recommendations to government agencies and relevant partners;
- Sharing experience gained through country activities and engagement in international networks into elements of South-South cooperation programs, sub-regional knowledge sharing programs and national level capacity building activities;
- Developing content for knowledge, training and communication materials on green investment;
- Supervise and ensure the high quality of technical tasks delegated to other associate staffs,
- Identify and engage public and private relevant stakeholders including government financial agencies, domestic and international financiers, industry associations etc.
- Advise Country Team and Representative with evidence and data driven substantive inputs and analyses on program activity development, implementation and assessment
- Collaborate with other country teams, units and divisions of GGGI on identified joint activity opportunities to ensure integrated delivery as “One GGGI”
- Maintain active professional relations with donor agencies, with investors, banks and local entrepreneurs, and other international/local stakeholders
- Lead capacity building of government counterparts, businesses, and other stakeholders in the area of green investments.
In this role, the Senior Officer shall:
- Identify and formulate relevant financing mechanisms and risk reduction instruments;
- Identify and develop green investment projects as potential pipeline for the financing mechanisms mentioned above;
- Manage performance of GGGI consultants, if any, supporting the investment work and ensure high quality outputs
- Provide technical advice to other staff and government counterparts on green investment;
- Develop and disseminate capacity development and knowledge sharing products in the field of green investment;
- Supervise and provide technical advice to other staffs on green investment projects and programs;
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant field, i.e. economics, finance, business, investment.
- Essential relevant professional experience (at least 7 years), preferably for financial institutions or development agency in green finance related work
- Proven experience in investment banking, project financing, private or public sector projects
- Experience in developing financial models, financial due diligence, capital structuring.
- Knowledge about climate finance, and/or blended finance concept is a plus.
- Experience and expertise as manager in project origination, feasibility assessment, preparation,
- Experience in conducing industry and market research and leading business development efforts
- Experience of working with high-level government officials, international organizations, multilateral development banks etc.
- Good understanding of the Viet Nam banking sector - knowledge of the regional banking sector a plus
- Thematic experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, forestry, building sectors preferred.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote the optimum use of public resources
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Process and share information easily.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff.
- Be able to lead where needed and provide solutions to project-level challenge.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy