The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year we reached over 80 million people directly and 791 million people overall including online, broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognizing discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights.
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City
- Salary: Allowance of VND 45,000 per hour
- Closing date: Saturday 31 July 2021
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- current university students or people who have graduated in the last year
- good level of English and Vietnamese (IELTS 6.0/Upper-Intermediate and above)
- previous experience as a teaching assistant would be an advantage
- ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children
- ability to work as part of a team
- ability to work with a customer focus
- ability to use MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer), Technical/ IT ability would be an advantage
- being available for at least 23 hours per week on Saturday/Sunday and evenings for this specific engagement
- commitment to this engagement continuously for at least one year
- ability to demonstrate the British Council’s behaviours at Essential level: Working together, Making things happen and Being Accountable
- the applicant needs to be able to prove that he/she has no civil or criminal records of any nature relating to any allegation or conviction concerning any type of harm to a child or children by providing a valid local police record. (Please refer to the attached document).
This is a non-employment position and a term-based hourly paid contract. Allowance: in local currency is equal to VND 45,000 per hour, together with gaining experience from a dynamic professional and multi-cultural working environment and career development opportunities.
Please refer to the role profile and British Council behaviours for more details about the opportunity.
If you are interested in the post, please apply by filling in the online recruitment form following this link .
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The British Council believe that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi