Fauna & Flora International - Vietnam Programme
is recruiting a
Team Leader - BiodiversityTo lead the technical team of biodiversity conservation with the following terms and conditions: TERMS AND CONDITIONS Job type: Full-time Job title: Team Leader - Biodiversity Starting date: As soon as possible Duration: One year with the potential to extend subject to business need and funding availability Location: FFI Office in Hanoi, with frequent travel to project sites Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Salary: From US$800 to US$1,200 gross per month dependant on skills and experience Reporting to: Country Programme Manager Line Manager of: The incumbent will supervise Biodiversity Assistant(s), Biodiversity Officer(s) and Biodiversity Volunteer(s) of the Vietnam Programme, under the direction and supervision of the Country Programme Manager and Country Director. Key Internal Relationships:
- Country Director
- Project Managers
- Finance Manager
- Technical Advisors
- SMART/CCT Coordinator
PURPOSEThe purpose of the Team Leader - Biodiversity position is to provide the technical inputs, to the highest possible standards, to our primates and biodiversity conservation projects, which focus on, scientific research, baseline surveys, biological monitoring and crime prevention (protection).
THE ROLEThe Team Leader - Biodiversity will be a conservation biologist, primatologist, or similar. S/He will be a mid-career, highly knowledgeable professional, with experience in designing and leading wildlife surveys, research and biological monitoring.
MAIN DUTIESUnder the supervision of the Country Programme Manager and where appropriate the Country Director, the Team Leader - Biodiversity will be responsible for the following main duties:
- Work with Biodiversity Technical Advisor to design methods/approach for any biodiversity surveys, census, research and monitoring;
- Work with Biodiversity Technical Advisor to develop biodiversity monitoring routes, protocols, datasheets/table-based systems, and manage databases;
- Provide training for Community Conservation Team (CCT) members and / or Biodiversity Monitoring Team members and / or Gibbon Monitoring Team members on biodiversity/species monitoring to improve data collection and, analysis and management of data;
- Lead on field work of surveys, including primate surveys/censuses, biodiversity surveys, habitat assessments/research, species ecology research;
- Work with the Forest Protection Department (FPD) staff and / or technical staff of protected areas/national parks to provide summary reports on biodiversity/species monitoring, including recommendations to improve quality of monitoring and support law enforcement;
- Author technical reports (based on the above), and scientific papers (where possible).
- Maintain good working relations with FFI’s governmental partners at all levels including provincial, district, commune and community partners and other NGOs/INGOs working at project sites;
- Work with FFI project staff and local partners to identify data/research and conservation needs, set priorities, and then plan and implement field activities;
- Support project managers to understand and meet targets, in terms of project research (data needs) and monitoring, and its use for supporting improved forest protection, biodiversity conservation and protected area/forest management;
- Provide Mission Term of References (MTOR) before and Back to the Office Reports (BTOR) after every field trip.
- Provide regular reports on biodiversity monitoring activities;
- Provide logistical, technical and capacity-building support to project partners, as appropriate;
- Work with partners and through coordination of consultants, ensure activities are well implemented and in accordance with high environmental and conservation standards;
- Support field visits and field work by visitors (e.g. FFI UK staff or donors), advisors and consultants.
- Provide additional support to the project activities where required to ensure implementation continues to meet conservation goals at all project sites, in particular the following: o Help translate documents between English and Vietnamese when requested by line manager; o Provide logistical support for specific activities in Hanoi when requested by line manager;
- Develop activity budgets, in close coordination with Project Managers (budget holders);
- Make fund requests, manage project funds for field operations and report on expenditures.
- Drawing from field experience and data (which the Team Leader will manage), support the development of new concepts and funding proposals, to fund programme activities.
- Represent the wildlife and biodiversity elements of FFI’s programme with local counterparts, communities and other stakeholders.
- Bring to the attention of the Country Director and personnel working on communications any news-worthy items arising from within the country programme and lead on ensuring that FFI Vietnam Programme’s social media pages are updates;
- Share all photos and videos taken during surveys with relevant FFI staff, for use in communications materials, presentations, etc. Photos will be credited as per the contract (i.e. © ‘name’ / FFI).
- Other duties as reasonably required as a Team Leader - Biodiversity.
- Annual work-plan with quarterly updates of work-plan and progress reports;
- Mission Terms of Reference and Back to Office Reports for every field trip;
- Field Activity Reports, as required;
- Delivery of activities in accordance with agreed project objectives, budget and work plans, and with the production of associated reports or documentation;
- Technical /project activity reports;
- Regular and ad hoc updates to senior staff and communication personnel on project actions, news, discoveries, challenges and success stories;
- Photos taken at project sites (wildlife, project implementation actions, staff and partners at work).
PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONFind out more details on Personal Specification HERE.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV in English to Ms. Le Hong Viet via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18th March, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for interviewing.
FFI’s mission is to conserve threatened species and ecosystems worldwide, choosing solutions that are sustainable, based on sound science, and which take into account human needs. FFI’s strategy to achieve this mission is to work with in-country organisations at all levels to support them in identifying and implementing country led sustainable solutions.
For more information please visit www.fauna-flora.org
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)