- Tittle Team Leader: Climate Change Resilience for Vulnerable Communities
- Project USAID Climate Resilient Agriculture in the Mekong Delta
- Location Hanoi or Can Tho, Vietnam, with frequent travel to the project’s target provinces. (If based in Hanoi, frequent travel to Can Tho is required). Location of the position will be re-evaluated after one year.
- Contract duration Full time, One year contract with possibility of renewal.
- Report to Technical Deputy Chief of Party
- Deadline for CV submission: 15/11/2023
BackgroundThe USAID Climate Resilient Agriculture in the Mekong Delta (CRM) project is a five-year project working to enhance the resilience of the Mekong Delta’s communities, ecosystems, and livelihoods. Working across five provinces of Dong Thap, Kien Giang, Ca Mau, Soc Trang, and Tra Vinh, CRM will further strengthen the effective partnership between USAID and the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to support Vietnam’s development goals and contribute to U.S. government strategies and targets. CRM activities are organized within three interconnected objectives:
- Objective 1: Strengthen climate change resilience of the most vulnerable populations. CRM will engage stakeholders to assess and address vulnerability through enhanced climate information services, resilient livelihood and safety net models, improved provincial plans, and increased access to finance.
- Objective 2: Strengthen management and restoration of natural ecosystems to provide ecosystem goods and services. CRM will take an inclusive participatory approach to identify entry points to support evidence-based transformation of legal and governance frameworks, improve management capacity, and incentivize natural resource conservation.
- Objective 3: Reduce methane emissions through low-emission and sustainable agriculture practices. CRM will work with GVN and stakeholders across value chains to assess gaps and opportunities and harness payment for environmental services schemes and other results-based finance mechanisms to reduce intensive rice farming and GHG emissions and drive transformation through a market systems approach.
Position DescriptionThe Team Leader: Climate Change Resilience for Vulnerable Communities will be responsible for the overall technical design, implementation, monitoring, and delivery of Objective 1: “Resilience to climate change strengthened for the most vulnerable communities.” This position will report to the Technical Deputy Chief of Party and supervise Objective 1 staff and partners while working closely with additional cross- cutting team members (GESI, MEL, communications, other objective staff). The Objective 1 Lead will coordinate with the Field Team Director and provincial teams, monitor on- the-ground performance, coordinate with government and partner organizations, ensure the achievements of results under Objective 1. The Team Leader will serve as a key representative of the project at external meetings and events related to resilience, climate change adaptation, vulnerability, and related topics. The Team Leader: Climate Change Resilience for Vulnerable Communities will be based in either Hanoi or Can Tho, with frequent travel to the project’s target provinces as required for project activities. If based in Hanoi, frequent travel to Can Tho is required. Location of the position will be re-evaluated after one year.
ResponsibilitiesTechnical leadership and activity management
Project representation and communication
- Oversee the implementation of Objective 1, providing technical leadership for work planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Work with technical experts and partners to complete vulnerability assessments for priority communities as part of the project’s scoping and preparation phase.
- Supervise staff under Objective 1 team to ensure effective teamwork and completion of activities.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with related government agencies, other organizations and local communities that contribute to climate resiliency.
- Foster coordination across the team to ensure collaboration and to support integrated implementation and management for cross-sectoral approaches.
- Oversee project delivery related to timelines and required resources, ensuring on-track delivery and/or adaptive management systems are in place to manage and mitigate further delays.
- Lead design of training and other events related to Objective 1 outcomes to partner organizations, local actors, communities, and GVN partners.
- Monitor outputs and milestones to ensure Objective 1 targets and indicators are being met.
- Lead development of inputs and contributions from Objective 1 to project quarterly reports, annual reports and to the annual work planning process and final documents.
- Contribute to and coordinate development of external communication materials and such as assisting in production of press releases, communication materials, technical documents.
- Represent the project at external meetings and events related to resilience, climate change adaptation, vulnerability, and related topics.
- Travel regularly to project provinces to meet with local partners and monitor project activities.
- Other support to the Project as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in natural resource management, environmental management, social sciences, climate change, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience managing and implementing climate adaptation, resilient livelihoods, and NRM for international development projects, preferably with USAID-funded projects in Vietnam.
- Demonstrated experience conducting climate vulnerability assessments and applying findings to project implementation.
- Experience supporting the application of information to decision-making and getting information to users at different scales (e.g., policy makers, farmers), including application of climate information to agricultural decisions.
- Experience supporting capacity building, training, and mentorship of government officials.
- Experience with climate finance, carbon markets, PES, private sector engagement and/or resource mobilization for climate adaptation/mitigation and biodiversity conservation
- Experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion related to gender and marginalized/vulnerable populations and communities.
- Agricultural expertise and knowledge of sustainable rice, horticulture, and aquaculture value chains.
- Knowledge of environmental and agricultural policy in Vietnam.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict mitigation, ethical management skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese required.
SupervisorThe Team Leader: Climate Change Resilience for Vulnerable Communities reports to the Technical Deputy Chief of Party.
How to applyInterested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are invited to send a letter of interest and a full CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line of “Your full name – Team Leader: Resilience” no later than November 15th, 2023. This is a re-advertisement. If you previously applied, you do not need to re-apply. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer