Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for a qualified Vietnamese candidate to join our Country Program.
Job Title: Technical Advisor Location: Hanoi, Vietnam Reports To: Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation Program Manager
CRS is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been operating in Vietnam since 1994. In partnership with Government, Civil Society and Communities, CRS implements programs in 9 provinces/cities in Vietnam. The Vietnam Program has a diverse funding base in the sectors of Emergency, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA); Disabilities; Mine Risk Education and Landmine Survivors’ Assistance.
As a member of DRR/CCA Program, you will work closely with Program Managers, Senior Program Officers, Shelter Technical Officers and Program assistant. You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation programming is across the globe.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the development and contribute to the implementation of agency-wide strategies, standards, tools, guidelines and best practices in Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation that effectively engage partners, donors, and governments. Help ensure a cross-sectoral approach integrating gender, protection mainstreaming.
- Provide technical solutions to CP teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools and M&E, helping to ensure high-quality implementation.
- Contribute to, and in some cases lead, the development of the technical design for proposals. Support the process of preparation, design, submission and approval of project concepts and full-fledged proposals. As needed, act as a technical writer on proposal development teams. Advise project teams on integrating donor strategies, priorities and technical requirements into CRS’ approach.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives for staff and partner through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and coaching in Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation programming, specifically:
- Inclusive community-based disaster risk management in rural and urban areas including disaster resilient shelter component
- Emergency responses to meet the life-saving needs, immediate to the vulnerable households in affected communities and build back better focusing on cash transfer programming
- Customized agro-climate forecast and information system for climate resilient agriculture model
- Collect and analyze program data, capture and share lessons learned and best practices for specific projects to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to the Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation learning agenda.
- Contribute to maintaining relationships with relevant government bodies, donors, peer organizations, partners, research and other institutions, participate in forums in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation to collect and share best practices and promote CRS’ work.
- Lead the development of documenting lessons learned, best practices and lead technical workshops, meetings, learning and sharing events, especially in OFDA consortium and national technical group
- Implement project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices, especially in the new areas of program strategy including climate change adaptation and emergency.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Program staff of DRR/CCA, Administrative and Finance staff, Country Manager, Sub Regional Head of Programs, Regional and Headquarter Techncial Advisors
- External: National, Provincial and district partners; NGOs and civil society organizations Climate Change Working group members; Disaster Management Working Group, Project consultants
Background, Experience and Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in community development, further specialization on climate change adaptation and /or disaster risk reduction are desired.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
- Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Personal Skills and Requirements
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English fluency
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable): 40%
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Individuals interested in this job are invited to submit your applications via email to Catholic Relief Services at: email@example.com
Applications in English should include:
- Curriculum Vitae with name and contact information of three references
- Application Letter
- Copies of degrees, certificates
By applying to this job, the applicant understands and acknowledges that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, the applicant understands that if s/he is a successful candidate, s/he will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Deadline for submission: 17 January 2021
CRS is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or HIV/AIDs.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Finance Intern (CRS)Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
SDGs Intern (MSD)MSD
Associate/Senior Associate (IIX)IIX
Community Officer/Accountant (Live&Learn)Live&Learn
Nhân viên dự án (World Share)TỔ CHỨC WORLD SHARE CORPORATION
Consultant (SNV)SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Communication Executive & Researcher (Inno Community Development Organisation)Inno Community Development Organization
Executive Assistant / Translator (Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in Ho Chi Minh City)Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore
Admin & Logistics Volunteer (CARE International in Vietnam)CARE International in Vietnam (CVN)
All year round