USAID Trade Facilitation Program
SCOPE OF WORKPosition: Technical Assistant (FULL TIME) Base of Operation: Hanoi, Vietnam Period of Performance: on or about March 2021– March 2022 (with two-months’ probation, and subject to extension based on manager’s recommendation)
Nathan Associates Inc. is implementing the five-year, USAID Trade Facilitation Program, which aims to support Vietnam to adopt and implement a risk management approach to the clearance of goods at Vietnam’s borders; simplify and streamline specialized inspection; and take steps to facilitate implementation of the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).
More specifically, the Program will work with the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to strengthen Vietnam’s National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) and any working groups; streamline border clearance procedures (including specialized inspection (SI) implemented by other line ministries and agencies); harmonize the implementation of risk-based approaches between the national and provincial levels; train national and provincial customs officers and staff from other ministries on risk management; and facilitate dialogue between customs and business and between relevant stakeholders in Hanoi and in the provinces.
To support Program implementation, Nathan Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Assistant to provide technical support to Legal and Regulatory Expert, Customs Expert, Customs and Trade Facilitation Expert, NTFC Expert, Private Sector Expert.
The Technical Assistant will work closely with the Technical Team to ensure the effective implementation of Program activities.
The position is based in Hanoi, with occasional travel to other provinces.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Providing support to Program Technical Team in the implementation and monitoring of Program activities;
- Support the Technical Team to prepare and conduct technical meetings (preparing the agenda, taking minutes of meetings, providing summaries);
- Providing support to the Technical Team to organize workshops/focus working group/field trips and public events (e.g., contacting counterparts, preparing the agenda, finalizing the materials to be distributed, and any needed support under supervision of Technical Team.)
- Support the Technical Team to draft Activity Planning and other relevant documents, when requested;
- Facilitate the link between the Technical Team and the operations and finance for securing all necessary in-country documentation and approvals;
- Organizing, assembling and supporting the distribution of technical reports, communication materials, and other documents;
- Coordinating with the administrative team to arrange travels and other logistics tasks, for Program staff, consultants and visitors;
- Other tasks as assigned by the STFE and Chief of Party.
Bachelor degree in international trade, trade policy, law, customs administration, economics, business administration, or similar field;
Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role;
Excellent organizational skills;
Strong communications and interpersonal skills plus excellent oral and written communication skills;
Willingness to travel;
Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Applications; and
Excellent written and spoken Vietnamese and English.
The Technical Assistant will report to the STFE and he/she will receive daily instructions from the Legal/Regulatory expert.
Interested candidates should send applications to email@example.com no later than March 12, 2021.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)