- Organisation Name: GIZ
- Duty station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
- Duration: 6 months, starting December 18th, 2023
- Application Deadline: Thu, 2023-11-30
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.The project "Support to the implementation of the FLEGT VPA in Viet Nam" (FLEGT) is commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany (BMZ) and jointly implemented by the Forestry Protection Department (FPD) under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) and the Deut?che Ge?ell?chaft für Internationale Zu?ammenarbei (GIZ) GmbH.
The project aims to support Vietnamese stakeholders, including law enforcement agencies and enterprises, in the implementation of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement on Forestry Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (VPA/FLEGT) between the EU and Viet Nam. The project’s overall objective is to achieve sustainable management of timber supplying forests and strengthen legal compliance and Rule of Law in Vietnam.
The project’s overall objective is: “necessary organizational and legal conditions to implement the VPA-FLEGT between Vietnam and EU is prepared”.The project is expected to achieve its objectives by end of 2024 through the implementation of the three following outputs:
- Output 1: The legal requirements and the organisational setting for FLEGT VPA implementation are improved.
- Output 2: Selected jointly as VPA conform agreed (EU/Viet Nam) elements of the VNTLAS are operational.
- Output 3: The impact monitoring is conducted according to the M&E framework and action plan.
Key responsibilities:We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented intern to support the implementation of the FLEGT VPA project in Viet Nam. The successful candidate will work closely with project officers and assist in various tasks to ensure the smooth execution of project activities. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide translation services for project documents, including reports, memos, and technical documents, ensuring accurate and timely translation from Vietnamese to English or vice versa.
- Assist in preparing for meetings and workshops related to the project. This may involve arranging logistics, coordinating with participants, preparing materials and setting up meeting venues.
- Support project officers in managing project documentation, including organizing and maintaining project files, archiving documents and ensuring proper version control.
- Conduct research on relevant topics related to forest governance, timber trade and the FLEGT VPA implementation in Viet Nam.
- Assist in collecting and organizing project data. This may include data entry, data cleaning and basic statistical analysis to support project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to the development of project reports, presentations and communications materials. Help in summarizing project activities and progress for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide general administrative support to the project team, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, arranging travel logistics and maintaining project-related databases.
- Perform other duties and tasks as required.
- Vietnamese nationality.
- Currently undertaking (at least third year of study) or has recently completed postgraduate/bachelor studies in forestry, law, environment, economics or related fields, no longer than six months from the date of graduation.
- Ability to arrange his/her timetable to take a full-time internship (40 hours/week).
- Proficiency in both Vietnamese and English languages, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong translation skills, with the ability to accurately convey technical terminology.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to gather, analyze, and present information effectively.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage documentation, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team and build professional relationships.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with data management and analysis tools.
- Knowledge of forest governance, timber trade, and the FLEGT VPA is desirable.
- Attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn new tasks and skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness of cross-cultural communication dynamics.
Apart from a monthly internship allowance, the successful candidate will enjoy good learning environment and professional and dynamic working conditions.Interested candidates are invited to send the latest curriculum vitae, cover letter, and copy of other relevant certificates (if any) by email to <email@example.com> not later than 30th November 2023.
Note: Please state “Application for the Internship – FLEGT”in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.Please visit our page at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.htmlfor more internship and job opportunities.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer