- Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Duration:6 months starting from 18th December 2023
Internship opportunityAs a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy. The project "Upscaling of Sustainable Forest Management and Certification in Viet Nam” (SFM) is financed by the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany (BMZ) with counter-part funds from the Vietnamese Government. The implementing agencies are the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, the Central Project Management Board and the Provincial Project Management Boards of Quang Tri, Binh Dinh, and Phu Yen provinces. The SFM project’s overall objective is “Progress has been made in the transition to sustainable, climate-friendly forest management”.
The project is expected to achieve the three key outputs during the 3-year-period from October 2021 to September 2024 as follows:
- Output 1: The legal and institutional prerequisites for the transition to sustainable and climate-friendly forest management are established.
- Output 2: The capacities of relevant actors in the forestry sector for the transition to sustainable, climate-friendly forest management are strengthened.
- Output 3: Information and instruments for financing the transition to sustainable, climate-friendly forest management are available to relevant actors in the forestry sector.
Main activitiesThe National intern is expected to learn and practice by providing support and assistance to the project in various activities:
- Provide assistance in organization of the internal meetings, project events (preparation, taking minutes, coordinating the participation, logistic arrangement of the field mission, etc.) when needed;
- Assist with research activities, including elaboration of ideas/concepts, terms of references, data collection, desk research, drafting reports; present specific topics during technical exchanges within the team;
- Provide translation and interpretation services when needed (English and Vietnamese);
- Support and organize meetings between the project and partners as required;
- Support to quality assurance in technical activities and deliverables;
- Participate in the project weekly team meetings, technical exchanges;
- Participate in thematic meeting, workshops organized by partners and report back to the teams;
- Support in monitoring and implementation of the technical operation;
- Perform other duties and tasks as required..
- Vietnamese nationality;
- Currently undertaking (at least third year of study) or has recently completed postgraduate/bachelor studies in forestry, environment, economics or related fields, no longer than six months from the date of graduation.
- Ability to arrange his/her timetable to take a full-time internship (40 hours/week)
- Has an interest in the forestry sector, in particular sustainable forest management is an asset;
- Previous experience in international development cooperation is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese;
- Strong MS Office, organizational and analytical skills;
- Highly motivated to learn and willing to contribute to a sustainable forestry sector of Viet Nam in an international setting;
- Highly responsible, flexible, goal-oriented and constructive as a team member.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTUREKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự