About the organisationAs a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
About NDC TIA projectThe NDC Transport Initiative for Asia (NDC TIA) is a joint project of seven organisations and will engage in China, India and Viet Nam. NDC TIA aims at promoting a comprehensive approach on decarbonising transport system through coherent policies and strategies, coordinated among ministries, civil society organisations and the private sector. In Viet Nam, the goals of the project are to support the Vietnamese partners on national and city level on enhancing transport mitigation ambition in its 2050 vision and NDC and improving the policy framework for low-carbon transport. This includes establishing a transparency system for the transport sector, and the development of more ambitious climate targets for the integration into Viet Nam’s 2025 NDC. Furthermore, the project supports one pilot city to formulate mitigation strategies (e.g. electric-mobility pilot). At the national level, it helps to develop a regulatory framework (e.g. e-mobility, fuel economy). Please find details about the project at https://www.changing-transport.org/project/ndc-tia
The political partner in Vietnam is the Ministry of Transport (MOT), represented through its Department of Science, Technology and Environment (MOT/DOSTE).The Project is offering an internship position with details as bellow.
- Job title: Technical Intern
- Duty station: GIZ Office for NDC TIA, Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi
- Duration: 6 months, starting from 15 June 2023
Main activities:The Technical Intern will learn & practice by assisting the Vietnamese Component of NDC-TIA embedded in the global project NDC-TIA in different activities:
- Assisting in the research work for the projects in the field of climate-friendly transport, emission reduction and electric mobility
- Assisting to draft reports, newsletters and briefings including policy and regulation
- Developing and implementing the external communication of the projects (social media updates and newsletter preparation)
- Supporting the organisation of project events (workshops, study tours, trainings, etc.)
- By global nature of the project, supporting the translation of technical/reference documents into English/Vietnamese Supporting the production of projects’ publications, including translated text proof reading, graphic designing and laying out in accordance with the corporate design regulations;
- Taking notes or taking photos, shooting video clips when required, etc. during the communication events
- Support of the administrative tasks, such as filing, contract support, vouchers etc.
- Vietnamese citizen, who is currently undertaking or have completed at least two years of the bachelor/ postgraduate studies within the last six months (upon commencement of the internship).
- Strong ability to quickly analyse and summarise information in writing and presentation
- Creativity and willingness to think inside and outside the box
- Interest in sustainable transport and international cooperation
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent at spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Confidence in usual office applications, such as MS Work, PowerPoint and Excel
- Available to work in Hanoi for a full-time position.
Benefits:Apart from a monthly allowance, successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training. The intern will be provided with facilities needed to carry out his/her tasks, such as office space, access to a laptop, printer and telephone.
How to Apply:Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the application letter explaining their motivation and qualification (up to 400 words), CV and certificates in English to Ms. Nguyen Thanh Hang at email address firstname.lastname@example.org, by 6th June 2023.
Note: Please state “Application for an internship – NDC-TIA project” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 1 week after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer