- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Sanaa (Yemen)
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position - Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2021-12-01
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice to all relevant stakeholders;
- Demonstrated skills to assess and analyze data to support national programmes and policies; projects and activities, including budget programming and control;
- Demonstrated skills in planning and donor and technical report writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure; complemented by demonstrated ability to identify and manage difficult situations.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of public health, NCD related programmes and policies.
- Knowledge of WHO and UN programmes.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Use of Language Skills Excellent knowledge of English and the local language. Other Skills (e.g. IT) Proficiency in MS Office
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero-tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from females are particularly encouraged.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that:
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International