Technical Project Officer
NGO Vocational Training Program in Electricity and Automotive
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
The European Institute of Cooperation and Development (IECD) is a French non-governmental organization founded in 1988 and operating in the field of social and economic development in partnership with local institutions.
IECD’s main sectors of action are vocational training and professional integration and support to micro and small enterprises.
More information on www.iecd.org
The Seeds of Hope program aims to allow young people to have access to interesting jobs with opportunities for development in the fields of electricity and automotive maintenance. In specific, the project contributes to bridge the gap between companies’ needs and students’ skills and thereby maximize the students’ opportunities for accessing promising jobs in the labor market.
In partnership with companies and vocational training centers, the program focuses on:
- upgrading the training curricula
- providing equipment for the technical practice
- training the trainers
- developing the « Guidance & employment » activities.
The program has been launched in 2007 in Lebanon and has then been implemented in Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria and Ivory Coast.
In Vietnam, IECD successfully launched the Seeds of Hope project at Thu Duc College of Technology (TDC) and the Ho Chi Minh City Technical and Economic College (HOTEC) in 2017. The third school, namely District 12 Technical and Economic College (DTTEC) joined the project in 2019.
More information about the project in Vietnam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJoSjoyHfrg
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the responsibility of the Seeds of Hope project manager and with the support of the Seeds of Hope team, the technical project officer will mainly focus on activities related to the four pillars of the SOH project.
His / her main missions will include:
– Planning, coordination and implementing project activities
- Take an initiative in developing relationships with the schools, government institutions and companies
- Work with the project team, schools’ partners and external experts to identify needs and develop project strategy and actions plan.
- Work closely with Pedagogical project officer, school’s partners and external technical experts to implement project activities related to upgrade curriculum, equipment and training of teachers, in specific:
- Ensure the revision and validation of Teaching Guides, Training Materials, Evaluation materials and etc.to meet the technical requirement
- Ensure the implementation of the upgrade curricula
- Identify the equipment which is in line with the upgrade curricula and SoH project’s equipment principal
- Take lead in purchasing technical equipment
- Ensure the integration of new equipment into upgrade curricula
- Ensure the workshops to be organized in-line with the pedagogical and technical advices
- Identify teachers’ training needs and develop comprehensive training plan
- Identify training sources and organize the training session
– Guidance & Employment (G&E) activities:
- Work with the G&E officers at the partner schools to identify the gaps and opportunities for G&E activities
- Work with the G&E officer to develop G&E plan.
- Ensure the G&E activities to be implemented in the excellent quality manner
- Liaison with partners schools to ensure G&E activities to be integrated as a part of an overall training program of the Electricity and Automotive major.
- Evaluate, assess and ensure the continuous improvement of the G&E activities
– Monitoring & evaluation and reporting
- Participate in the development of project framework and indicators
- Participate in the monitoring, evaluation and report of project activities
- Participate in project assessment and other project surveys as required
- Conduct school diagnosis
– Communication and documentation
- Take part in internal and external communication
- Participate in developing documentation related to project activities as required
- Support the development of communication materials for the project
– General support to the project team:
- Event organization
- Translations and interpretation
In addition to the main accountabilities and responsibilities, the project officer will be involved in all aspects of the project and will bring his/her support to the project team.
Based on his/her experience and interests, he/she should also undertake additional project activities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Skills and experiences expected:
- Autonomy and good organizational skills
- Experience in working with different stakeholders, including school partners, local government, financial partners and suppliers.
- Experience in project management and implementation
- Good interpersonal skills for communication, representation with public and private partners, networking
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation within development project a plus
- Experience in the Automotive industry would be appreciated
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: University Degree in Automotive Engineering or other related fields
- Experience: At least 2 years of full-time working experience in Automotive engineering or similar position
LOCATION and CONDITIONS
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Salary: According to profile and work experience
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Vietnamese (EXCELLENT in Speaking, Listening and Very good in Writing and Reading)
- English (GOOD in Speaking, Listening and Very good in Writing and Reading)
HOW to APPLY
Please send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: as soon as possibleCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi