● Full time (Fixed term contract) 4-5 years
● Global One Health epidemiology consulting company
● USAID-funded project
● Vietnamese national
● Veterinary degree plus other relevant
● Position based in Ho Chi Minh
● Excellent English and Vietnamese communication (written and spoken)
● Excellent leadership and organisational skills
● Salary based on skills and experience
● Experience working with public and private sector in the livestock health sector is essential
We are looking for an organised, experienced Technical Officer based in Vietnam to take on a key role in the implementation of a complex health project in-country. The position will be based in Ho Chi Minh City and you will need to work flexibly and creatively with the team across several time zones. You will already have a good background in health/disease/epidemiology/ value chains in food animal production. You will already have good national and/or global networks and have a strong professional profile.
The National Project Lead will lead the national implementation of this 5-year risk mitigation program supported by the Technical Officer. The project will be using a systems approach to increase the capacity of government, agribusinesses, and farmers to prevent, identify and respond to disease threats related to AMR, TADs and zoonoses. Data collection, analysis, and application will be at the heart of our component of this project which will strengthen current systems and enable farmers, governments, service providers, and others to better predict, identify, track, and mitigate farm-based disease and other health-related issues.
If you think you have the necessary qualities and abilities outlined, can demonstrate your suitability, AND want to make important contributions to public, animal and environmental health in Vietnam then we really want to hear from you.Closing date: 27 June 2021
For more information, visit Ausvet's careers page
30/09/2021Save the Children