Technology for Development (T4D) Officer (Temporary Appointment)
Ha Noi, Viet Nam (for Vietnamese nationals)Job no: 537407 Contract type: Temporary Appointment Level: NO-1 Location: Viet Nam Categories: Information Communication Technology, NO-1
- Digital Development and Technology Innovation Strategy. Support implementation of the technology and digital innovation strategy for the country office; bring visibility to T4D gaps, opportunities and scale-up strategy in support of CO priorities.
- Convene and guide compliance with T4D best practices. Participate in Country Office T4D Governance Committee and support compliance of T4D initiatives with the Principles for Digital Development (http://digitalprinciples.org/) and UNICEF T4D best practices.
- Support and assist design of T4D interventions. Provide support and technical assistance to the Country Office in the identification, selection, concept design, deployment and sustainability of T4D interventions to address bottlenecks towards the achievement of programme results.
- Identify and assess new T4D innovations. Assist programme sections to identify and assess new T4D initiatives, or new phases of on-going initiatives, with immediate potential to improve UNICEF programming.
- Engage and maintain partnerships and networks. Support the development of partnerships and networks with local solution providers, innovators, NGOs, the private sector, local media and academia to build and provide a space to nurture and test new and innovative technologies and build local capacity.
- Proposal and partnership development. Help identify opportunities for resource mobilisation and new partnerships and assist proposal and partnership development efforts.
- Data analysis for evidence generation. Build capacity of programme staff and partners in analyzing the large amounts of data generated through T4D initiatives including the use of data visualization techniques and analytics tools.
- Co-create appropriate solutions. Work directly with programme teams and partners to adapt technology and innovative solutions appropriate to the country programme.
- Build awareness around Innovation & Frontier Technology. Assist developing staff capabilities in appropriate use of frontier technology and innovations such as UAVs, wearables, IoTs, mobile money, blockchain etc.
- A University degree in information technology management, business administration, international relations, community development or other related social science field.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in designing and adapting technology and innovative solutions for achieving sustainable development goals. Experience working in an international organization, government and/or the private sector is desirable.
- Experience in designing or deploying tools appropriate to low-bandwidth environments and/or with RapidPro, OpenSRP, DHIS2, ODK and other digital public good technologies, and deploying, maintaining and rolling out these technologies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of children's rights and social development issues in Viet Nam is an advantage.
- Experience in a UN organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (I)
- Drive for results (I)
- Formulating strategies and concepts (I)
- Analysing (II)
- Relating and networking (I)
- Planning and Organizing (I)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- The workplace and working conditions are a huge asset for all UNICEF employees. Our staff are working in the Green One UN House- the first building in Viet Nam to be awarded gold LOTUS certification from the Viet Nam Green Building Council for efficient and environmentally sustainable use of resources and operations.
- We offer flexible working arrangements: flexible working hours, compressed work schedule, teleworking, job sharing.
- We provides different types of leave to allow for rest and relaxation as well as unforeseen events like illness: annual leave, parental leave up to 24 weeks, sick leave and special leave.
- We provide support for pregnancy and breastfeeding (time off from work during the day for the purpose of breastfeeding infants or expressing milk. A private room and a refrigerator for storing milk are available in the office)
- We also provide mental well-being/ psychological support.
- Letter of Interest
- CV/UN Personal History Form P 11 form.doc
Advertised: 01 Feb 2021 SE Asia Standard Time Deadline:28 Feb 2021 SE Asia Standard TimeCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty