- Announcement Number: HANOI-2023-52
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Telephone Operator (Temporary)
- Open Period: 08/10/2023 - 08/29/2023
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 0605 4
- Salary: USD $9,561 /Per Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday
- Promotion Potential: LE-4
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section
- 84-24-38505000/ Ext. 5136
The incumbent will answer incoming trunk line calls, determine customer requirements and route caller to the appropriate office or agency. The incumbent will fully operate attendant console equipment, threat recorder equipment and related peripheral items. The incumbent will answer commonly asked questions concerning office hours, visa appointment scheduling, and student visa information from the general public as required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience as a telephone receptionist and/or switchboard operator is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of mission organizational structure, functions, names of Department heads and employees to perform effectively in the telephone operator position.
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (grade 12) is required.
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be capable of operating multi-line/multi-key telephones, automatic telephone threat recorder devices and personal computer (PC) based programs and equipment.
- Must be able to determine operational status of all equipment and services, reporting non-functioning equipment or telephone lines to the appropriate internal or external test and repair office.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Locally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- Invest in yourself - 1 workday
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each EFM.
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance. To apply for this position click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of this page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Application deadline: 29 August 2023Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children