Temporary Finance Officer (7 months)
WORLD VISION VIETNAMWe are looking for Vietnamese competent candidates to fill the following vacancy:
- Position: WVV Temporary Finance Officer (7 months)
- Deadline: 16 June 2023
- Work base: Da Nang city
BackgroundWorld Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Purpose of PositionThe position supports WVV to maintain high standards of financial stewardship, assist the AP or Project Manager in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records of the AP or Project & adhering to the financial standards of World Vision financial system. This position also ensure accountability of entrusted funding resources of the AP or Project including Sponsorship funding, Private Non-Sponsorship funding and grant funding.
Key ResponsibilitiesFinancial Policy Compliance (40%)
- Provide administrative financial services to the project to ensure high level of compliance, quality, accuracy and consistency of work in project implementation.
- Ensure consistent service delivery by collaborating and working closely with all of the team members of the AP or Project.
- Conduct all the day to day operational procedures in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, closure, audit, etc. in timely manner and in line with WV Policy and Procedure as well as Field Financial Manual (FFM).
- Provide the AP or Project staff the necessary account analysis codes and assistance to correctly filled in and prepare cash advance, EER, payment request.
- Ensure adequacy and correctness of the supporting documents for payments and/or voucher preparation (using Voucher Interface) to ensure consistency with WV’s Policy and donor requirements.
- Monitor the financial transactions regularly to maintain project financial account in place and in order.
- Deliver the quality and accuracy of the goods and services to the beneficiaries is verified by conducting random visit to the project sites.
- Upgrade knowledge and skills of the staff and partner on relevant WV accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to other projects and APs when necessary and required by participation in cross-review; assisting cross-audit and assisting in training the new project finance staff (Bookkeeper or FO).
- Assist the AP or Project Manager in planning and developing project budget in line with the AP’s Plan of Action and log frame.
- Complete the monthly financial report as per schedule including:
- Prepare VI data with quality
- Prepare bank reconciliation with sufficient supporting document
- Extract project’s core combined logframe report from Sun system
- Timely prepare the financial reports cover memo with variance explanations (quarterly)
- Update the asset register
- Check and verify the SunSystem generated financial reports for any non-project related expenses, discrepancies and irregularities from the project finance manual.
- Update the Manager on the project spending status and pattern to avoid risks of ineffectiveness and material overspending or under-spending of the project budget.
- Perform financial data analysis and provide financial forecast to assist AP/Project Manager in making data-driven decisions and financial risk management.
- Support in acquiring additional funding for AP through developing quality proposal budget for new project.
- Establish and maintain a systematic filing system of key documents (in hard copy and soft copy) and in line with audit requirements.
- Maintain all financial and other records required for audit purposes, and provide assistance in regular auditing of the AP or Project
- Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
Knowledge/Qualifications for the roleRequired Professional Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in finance and accounting, preferably with international humanitarian organizations
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience in accounting and finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Good knowledge of accounting theory, financial statements and government tax requirements
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Good computer skills. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office software, especially MS Excel
- In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the WVI Field Financial Manual
- Knowledge of WV operations and programming requirements
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Willingness to support, articulate and demonstrate World Vision’s core values in meaningful ways to colleagues, partners, donors, children and communities
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com Email subject: [WVV Temp FO Da Nang] - Your Name as soon as possible before June 16, 2023.
How to apply
Our contact details are:
- People and Culture Department
World Vision International - Vietnam
- Address: No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
- Tel: 024. 39439920
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
15/10/2023US Embassy Hanoi