World Agroforestry Centre – Vietnam Office
Recruitment of Temporary Junior Communication Officer
About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role which trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
This position holder is to temporarily take over the position of the junior communication officer who will be on maternity leave between August 2021 and February 2022. The post holder is thus required to support development of CIFOR-ICRAF country program communication strategy and implementation of communication work in designing, laying out, printing and production of communication products for the office and different projects or research themes. Under the supervision of the Country Program Coordinator and with technical support from Communication Units at Headquarters and Southeast Asia Regional Office, the staff is required to perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of CIFOR-ICRAF communication strategy for Viet Nam country program.
- Support the communication needs of all projects under Viet Nam country program: work directly with project managers / leaders in identifying a range of communication and extension materials specific to the needs of research projects, such as info-graphics, brochures, blogs, policy briefs, videos, etc. Depending on the specific contexts (timing, working load, etc), work with respective project teams in the development and production of such materials or coordinate outsourced service providers to fulfil this task.
- Develop and maintain external communication with media networks to promote ICRAF image and reputation such as develop the media partners and increase media cover by news, television reports and others in the events/activities or the projects.
- Design and develop print, audio and visual communication products and training materials in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Maintain and update the library and communication database.
- Managing website, updating data, publications, newson the website
- Writing stories/blogs and produce the video/film
- Managing internal and external communications: keep close communication with HQ and SEA regional communication unit and with national, local media in Viet Nam.
- Support media coverage for meetings, workshop and events
Qualifications and Skills Required
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in communication, media, literature, social sciences, public relations, international development and/or related disciplineit
Minimum Work Experience:
- At least three years of relevant experience, preferably related to communication, media, literature, journalism, social sciences, public relations, international development, and/or related fields.
- Experience in working with not-for-profit organizations and media networks is a major merit.
Skills and Competencies
- Well organized; able to meet deadline
- Having good command of English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Generating creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations
- Good computer literate (especially for graphic, designing and illustration software)
- Writing skill
- Good understanding of time management, and able to work under pressure
- Having interest in receiving feedback from others
Terms of offer
- Full package for 8-month contract with a competitive salary, to be started mid-June 2021
How to apply
- Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, and email address
All correspondence should be addressed to the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Office Hanoi, at the 13th floor, HCMCC building, 249A Thuy Khue street, Tay Ho district, Hanoi, Vietnam OR via email: ICRAF-VIETNAM@CGIAR.ORG. Applicants should indicate “Application – Temporary Junior Communication Officer” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until the 18th April 2021. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
ICRAF believes that staff diversity promotes excellence, and strongly encourages local-based candidates to apply. We invite you to learn more about ICRAF at our web site: www.worldagroforestry.org/regions/southeast_asia/vietnam
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy