Announcement Number: HOCHIMINH-2020-05
Hiring Agency: Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
Position Title: Procurement Agent (Temporary) – All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 02/28/2020 – 03/13/2020Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE – 0810 7
Salary: USD $11,818
Work Schedule: Full-time
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 1 in Ho Chi Minh City, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
Human Resources Office
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is FP-07 (Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Temporary
Details: Temporary not to exceed six (06) months from the date of hire
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (90 days) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Under the supervision of the Procurement Supervisor, the Purchasing Agent works as assigned by the Procurement Supervisor and is responsible for local and overseas procurement of supplies, equipment and services needed by Consulate Ho Chi Minh City and associated agencies. S/He executes a limited number of simplified contracts.
This is a customer service position, the incumbent is expected to provide expedient, friendly, and professional services to Consulate Ho Chi Minh City clients as well as local and overseas vendors.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least two years’ experience in purchasing.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a general knowledge of local business practices, trends, pricing and business environment.
College or university studies is required.
Evaluations: This may be tested.
LANGUAGE: Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing) of English is required. Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required. Please clarify level of your English and Vietnamese language skill on your application.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be customer service oriented and be able to deal tactfully and effectively with a variety of local and overseas vendors and U.S. citizen clients. Must have exceptional interpersonal and negotiating skills. Able to work independently and use creative problem-solving, depending on the circumstances. Persistence required in pursuing solutions in response to normal bureaucratic inflexibility. Able to operate a personal computer including Windows, Excel, and other programs. Must be proficient in the use of internet, well-organized and able to prioritize.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust or Background Investigation clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Note: The Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- A proof of citizenship
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if you are not Vietnamese citizen)
- Passport copy
- High school diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your interest in working for the Embassy of the United States of America in Vietnam. To apply, please visit our ERA site:
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi