Location: Hanoi, East Asia, VN
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
The purpose of this role is
▪ To ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams within a small or remote exams office location.
▪ To handle confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in country/location in accordance to compliance standards.
▪ To manage test delivery, Venue Supervisor engagement, relationship and performance.
▪ To co-ordinate and manage any risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer communication directly or through customer services.
▪ To be point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on the day.
▪ This role will be required to work on test days which will involve weekend work as part of the contracted hours.
▪ There is a new Global Operating Model for Exams being implemented across the business and this role will be key to ensuring delivery of our exams operations at test centre level, working with new systems and processes and ensuring that new ways of working are taken up and adhered to.
▪ Acting in unforeseen situations to solve problems to ensure Test Day is successfully executed.
▪ Implementing improvement actions in the distribution and logistics of handling confidential materials
Product Service Support
▪ Undertake the related planning and delivery functions in preparation for Test Days in line with BC process
▪ Receives instructions and requests from cluster operations, 5 days before Test Day itself and plans and organises given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
▪ Scan dashboards to monitor performance and identify issues
▪ Deploy engagement plan for Venue Staff. Supports decisions of Operations Manager with the selection of venue staff, sets performance expectations and maintains positive relations
▪ Supports the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day to day operations.
▪ Undertakes sorting and packing of exam materials to for designated test venues. Ensures exam materials are received at Test Centre and stored securely
▪ Supports tasks to reconcile exam materials and papers received are as per plan, report and escalate any discrepancies.
▪ Undertake handling of suitcases and storage of materials. Ensures the proper procedures and documentation is adhered to when handing over to courier or test day staff.Ensures proper script receipt tracking, packing and return OR scanning, store and shredding
▪ Supports the selection of suitable venues, planning for Test Day resources ordering, quality, distribution and management (e.g. process guides, stationery, branding/signage/ technical equipment – speaking test/hand scanners)
▪ Provides timely escalation of issues, enabling the adaptation of work plans where necessary.
Test Delivery Support
▪ Manage or support the Test Day Supervisor to manage tests delivery. Maintain the integrity and reputation of the British Council and the various examination boards by ensuring that tests are delivered to prescribed customer service, security and administration standards.
▪ Inspect the venue to ensure that arrangements meet agreed requirements and standards.
▪ Be familiar with the emergency procedures for the test day venue and ensure all venue staff are briefed accordingly.
▪ Ensure that all test day records are completed and maintained accurately as required by British Council Examinations Services.
▪ Whenever possible, resolve issues that arise on the day according to procedures.
▪ Report any incidents, emergencies or breaches of security to the appropriate British Council Examinations Services staff.
▪ Promote and ensure the wellbeing of candidates at all times. In case of emergencies, ensure that correct procedures are followed and involve appropriate authorities as required.
▪ Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers, and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
▪ Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service/project/task delivery or customer experience.
Relationship & stakeholder management
▪ Develops good working relationships and engagement with Venue Staff and appropriate colleagues throughout the BC to facilitate effective and efficient service delivery.
▪ Act as point of contact and manage escalated issues in country from Venue Supervisors and Venues, supported by Operations Manager / Cluster team when required.
Risk and Compliance
▪ Undertake contingency and risk management on the ground, liaise with Customer Service, Examiner or Venue Staff to ensure alignment on communications
▪ Leads in providing support related to compliance or investigations on Test Day and related issues.
▪ Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
▪ Ensure adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carry out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
▪ Provide support and reporting for audits and performance reviews.
Analysis & Reporting
▪ Uses standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
▪ Leads wash-up meetings to review Test Day performance delivery, continual improvement and corrective actions
Finance & Resource Management
▪ Monitors and takes responsibility for small-scale resources/cash/stock, following established procedures and ensures that equipment and materials are available and ready to use when needed
Managing self & others
▪ Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
▪ Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers) to complete time-limited, straightforward activities, within established procedures, in order to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards
- Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
- The British Council operates seven days a week. All posts may be required to follow working pattern that include unsocial hours. Travel for business purpose could be part of the duties.
- Professional development opportunities
- Leave and Holidays
- Health Insurance
Contract: Fixed term (8 months)
Salary: 15360000VND per month
Closing Date: Friday 8 October 2021 23:59 Vietnam Time (GMT +7)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN