Contract type: 06-month internship contract (extendable), full-time
Location: Hanoi office with regular travels to project areas
Reports to: Communications and Community Engagement Officer
The purpose of this internship is to provide digital design and communications support to AOP in Vietnam in order to maximise its efficiency and effectiveness in fulfilling its organisational and programmatic communications, marketing and fundraising objectives. By working within assigned tasks, the intern will gain exposure to development sector work (including opportunities to engage in fieldwork and engage in partnership building) and will benefit from direct experience in program cycle management and implementation.
The intern will work closely with AOP Communications and Fundraising Team and provide support in digital design, communications products development, website and social media management, partnership and fundraising, logistical support to programs and projects, translation and interpretation, and other support.
The internship is unpaid. A monthly internship allowance of VND 3,500,000 up to VND 5,000,000 and personal accident insurance will be provided.
Key internal work relationships: AOP Communications and Fundraising Team; and other staff of AOP in Vietnam.
Key external work relationships: Communities/beneficiaries; Service providers and contractors; Other partners and stakeholders of AOP
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Support digital design and marketing
Prepare and edit graphic and audio-visual products for print and screen, including but not limited to:
Flyers, brochures, newsletters
Backdrops and standees
Videos and animations
Reports and publications
Other printed materials
Assist the management of the organisation’s online and social media presence
Support to ensure printed and digital communications materials adhere to AOP’s values and brand guidelines
2. Support Program Communications
Prepare, proofread, and format proposals, reports, publications, and other communications materials;
Provide English/Vietnamese translation and interpretation as required;
Conduct research including desk reviews, data collection, and preliminary analysis as required;
Actively participate in internal and external meetings, i.e. by taking minutes, or preparing and delivering presentations;
Perform logistical arrangements for workshops and field trips.
3. Demonstrate commitment to improving self-capacity for INGO work
Actively seek and undertake opportunities to improve work knowledge of thematic areas of climate change, sustainable livelihood models, and governance;
Actively seek and undertake opportunities to improve capabilities in the use of professional English (written and spoken).
Other tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- University Degree and/or equivalent professional qualification, preferably in digital design, communications, journalism, and/or marketing.
- At least 06 months of relevant experience in digital design and communications work is preferable;
- Experience or Interest in not-for-profit sector is preferable
Technical knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and use of digital design and office software: 1) Graphic design software (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator); 2) Video editing and animation creating software (e.g. Premiere, After Effects, Proshow Producer); 3) Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Proficiency in photography and filming is preferable;
- Website and social media management skills are preferable;
- Storytelling and content writing skills are preferable;
- Good communication skills in Vietnamese and English, both spoken and written;
- Familiarity with AOP’s thematic areas of work is an asset.
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese, both spoken and written.
- Independent, friendly and helpful
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Poverty and injustice eradication
- Gender equality
- Child protection
Please note that this position is intended for a Vietnamese national. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Early applications by 15 August 2021 are strongly encouraged. While we appreciate all responses, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AOP in Vietnam is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation. All employees, volunteers and interns are required to comply with AOP Policies.APPLY VIA EMAIL email@example.com
29/09/2021Save the Children
05/10/2021Save the Children
04/10/2021Save the Children