World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
For more information, please visit: World Vision Vietnam (wvi.org.vn)
We are looking for Vietnamese competent candidates to fill the following vacancy:
WVV Trainee in Muong Ang Area Program: 03 trainees
Work base: Muong Ang commune, Dien Bien province
WVV’s Area Programs (AP) focus within one administrative district of a province which usually populated by ethnic minority people with very high rates of poverty. APs are mainly funded by sponsorship funds, and are a phased approach to development, involving clear and consistent assessment, design, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation and reflection phases. Each AP is tailored to the needs of a specific community in alignment with WVV’s strategic priorities. WVV works closely with district and commune local authorities and local partners to implement program activities. A uniqueness of WVV’s AP approach and structure is that team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis.
Under each AP, there will be 6-8 staff, including one AP manager, one Sponsorship Facilitator, one Finance Officer/Bookkeeper, one AP Coordinator and 2-4 Development Facilitators (DFs) who are in charge of the management of all projects (assessment & planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and transition), and community engagement for around the assigned communes/wards in their AP. For each zone (6-8 APs), there are 4 Zonal technical staff, including three Technical Program Officers (Nutrition, Child Protection, Livelihoods) and one Zonal Program Effectiveness Officer.
Muong Ang is a new AP. Now, Muong Ang have 2 staffs fulltime including one one Sponsorship Facilitator and Development Facilitators (DFs). To prepare for recruitment at the end of this FY22, AP request recruitment 03 trainee at Muong Ang district or at Dien Bien Province.
II. PURPOSE OF TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM
With the aim of connecting sustainable development work with talented young people, World Vision Vietnam (WVV) is calling for motivated and dynamic applicants to participate in our Traineeship Program. This is an opportunity for young people to explore and develop their future career in the NGO sector as well as contribute to community development. The participants will be provided with a traineeship placement and on-going support from WVV. Each participant will gain direct experience in community services and development work and the program will be the first step to embarking on a career with WVV.
The project aims to give the opportunity for the trainee to acquire knowledge, skills, ability and attitude necessary for taking up the role of Development Facilitator working in Dien Bien province. The trainee will achieve the above-mentioned objective by learning to serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children in Dien Bien.
III. MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Study and understand WVV core values, missions and relevant polices of WVV and practice.
- Study carefully the AP plan, log-frames, and technical models in order to understand more about the project goal, outcomes & outputs as well as approaches of the projects.
- Assist in the process of capacity building for communities and local partners
- Develop weekly, monthly plan and assure that all assigned activities are completed on time and of good quality.
- Collaborate and work closely with other team member to help AP reach its objectives.
- Participate in and carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by AP manager.
- Learn about the NGO Sector, understanding Community and Sustainable Development.
- Enhance presentation, teamwork and management skills and gain experience in project development and administration.
- Gain direct, hands-on experience in community services and development work, as the first step to embarking on a career within this field.
- A successful traineeship period may be followed by an opportunity for full-time employment with WVV.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field (preferably social works, community development, public health, education, business development…);
- Passionate about giving back and would like to have a career in community development.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills;
- Be able to function well in a team environment.
- Basic written English skills, particularly report writing skills;
- Good computer skills (word processing, excel and power point);
- Humility, respect, and care for others – especially the vulnerable children.
- Willingness to work at the project sites (village/ commune level) with frequent travel.
HẠN CUỐI: 15/5/2022
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT