Organization Background and Viet Nam Program Overview:
For nearly 100 years, The Internal Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) has been working to advance solutions to the most pressing public health challenges facing people in poverty around the world. We began as an alliance of experts working to cure tuberculosis, and have since extended our remit to related public health challenges with a focus on serving low- and middle-income populations. Tobacco use is a leading risk factor for chronic lung diseases, as well as cancers, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes; tobacco control is therefore vital to The Union's mission and the Department of Tobacco Control is one of four key technical departments within The Union.
The Union is an influential network of members, including over 850 staff based in 10 offices, and 25,000 rural health care providers, 15,000 community volunteers and thousands of partner organizations worldwide. As well as being a scientific institute, The Union is also a federation, with thousands of members active in 147 countries. Our membership forms a global network of experts - individuals and organizations - collaborating to create and share new research and to build capacity for increasing the quality and success of our work to improve public health. Members affiliate by region so that they can work together to address common challenges.
In Viet Nam, the Union has been working closely with the Viet Nam Tobacco Control Fund (VNTCF), Ministry of Health and other partners to provide technical support in different areas of tobacco control. One of the key areas of focus for The Union is strengthening the implementation and enforcement of the Tobacco Control Law. Through support to VNTCF and other partners, the Union aims to help generate well-informed decisions in enforcement operations. This includes mobilizing the participation of community in Tobacco Control Law enforcement through using a mobile application to report violations; building capacity for enforcers; and building political support for Tobacco Control Law and leadership in multi-sectoral Law implementation.
The Tobacco Control Law Implementation Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Union Technical Advisor in Viet Nam with strong support from the Union Program Manager of the Tobacco Control Implementation Program. She/he will be based at VNTCF, Ministry of Health office and will work to support VNTCF in Tobacco Control (TC) Law enforcement, especially the implementation of the Union-supported projects to strengthen Law implementation. She/he will be the key person to support VNTCF and other Union grantees in implementation of enforcement projects as well as documentation of lessons learned and helping to build capacity. She/he will work with central and local-level stakeholders and law enforcement counterparts to ensure strong involvement of different sectors and community in the implementation of TC Law.
- All Union-supported enforcement projects implemented as planned.
- Update profile on Tobacco Control Law enforcement in Viet Nam is maintained through regular situation analysis.
- Well-coordinated implementation of Tobacco Control Law, especially enforcement in provinces and documentation for national sharing.
- Advanced/University degree in law, political sciences, international relations, public policy, public management, public health or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the area of policy analysis in health sector.
- Superior analysis skills, including risk assessments, and attention to detail.
- Significant experience in drafting reports and intelligence analysis products – including both on a regular production schedule and on a quick turnaround basis.
- Ability to conduct data research and management.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Computer skills mandatory, proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Understanding of tobacco control program is desired.
Full Job description of the post is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Tobacco Control Law Implementation Coordinator - Full name in the subject line of the email by April 28th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF