Position: Trade and Customs Expert
Base of Operation: Hanoi, Vietnam
Period of Performance: Long-term (o/a July 1, 2021 – o/a June 30, 2022) (subject to extension based on manager’s recommendation)
The Trade Facilitation Program is a five-year project that aims to support Vietnam to adopt and implement a risk management approach to clearance of goods at Vietnam’s borders, simplify and streamline specialized inspection, and take steps to facilitate the implementation of the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).
More specifically, the Program will work with the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to strengthen Vietnam’s National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) and any working groups; streamline border clearance procedures (including specialized inspection (SI) implemented by other line ministries and agencies); harmonize the implementation of risk-based approaches between the national and provincial levels; train national and provincial customs officers and staff from other ministries on risk management; and facilitate dialogue between customs and business and between relevant stakeholders in Hanoi and in the provinces.
The Trade & Customs Expert will work closely with the Senior Trade Facilitation Expert (STFE) and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to implement reforms with partner GVN counterparts. The Trade & Customs Expert will be responsible for Program activities associated with the implementation of trade facilitation measures. This will involve close cooperation and collaboration with GDVC and local customs departments.
The Trade & Customs Expert will in particular have lead responsibility for supporting and assisting GDVC to the implementation of activities related to e-commerce, pre-arrival processing, Authorized Economic Operators, Advance rulings, integrated risk management, multi-agency targeting centre and compliance measurements.
The Trade & Customs Expert will be required to work at both central and provincial levels.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- identify and prioritize specific interventions to improve efficiency and transparency of customs procedures and trade facilitation initiatives in support of the aims and objectives of the program;
- assist the GDVC, NTFC and GVN counterparts, and private stakeholders to develop and implement activities to address issues requiring harmonization with international best practice, to meet requirements of WTO TFA and Vietnam’s other international commitments and agreements;
- adopt lead responsibility for Program activities as related to e-commerce, pre-arrival processing, Authorized Economic Operator (AEO), advance rulings, integrated risk management, multi-agency targeting center and compliance measurement/management; and
- draft and prepare briefing notes, reports, etc. on findings and recommendations from consultations and play an active role in research, analysis, consultations, planning, and advocacy through collaborating closely with other members of the Program team to identify training and capacity building needs.
The Trade & Customs Expert will also support the following activities:
- Contribute to the development and preparation of Annual Work Plans (AWP) for the Program with a focus to e-commerce, pre-arrival processing, AEO, advance rulings, integrated risk management, multi-agency targeting center and compliance measurement/management; and
- Other contributions to the project as proposed by the Program’s Chief of Party (COP) and/or DCOP.
The Trade & Customs Expert will be expected to contribute to the overall achievement of program results by undertaking other tasks, activities, or assignments as directed by the STFE, consistent with the aims and objectives of the Program and the technical skills required.
The Trade & Customs Expert will work under the direct management and supervision of the STFE.
- Degree in law, economics, business administration, international trade, trade policy, customs administration, or similar field (Bachelor degree with more than 10 years of experience in field may be accepted);
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on trade or customs related matters;
- Proven experience of working or collaborating with the private sector;
- Understanding of requirements under the WTO Trade Agreements, in particular the WTO TFA and of Vietnamese policy implementing those agreements;
- Able to solve problems as well as exercise considerable analysis and judgement to identify solutions;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Applications; and
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese.
The Trade & Customs Expert will report to the Senior Trade Facilitation Expert.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com.
Deadline for application: COB 11 Jun 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank